|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Modern Work and Security business unit, which includes the commercial segments of Office and Windows, has undergone fundamental change as we have shifted our business from perpetual software and transactional sales to cloud services and subscription licensing. This transformation has required us to upend old, established ways of doing things; think creatively about what the future might look like; and pursue groundbreaking ways of transforming the business. Secular trends accelerated by the global pandemic, including remote work and the need for operational resiliency, have reinforced customer demand for our products and have fueled phenomenal business growth. In order to sustain the rapid growth, we’ve achieved, we continually explore new business models and invest in new product categories that expand our total addressable market.
More than financial analysts, we in Modern Work & Security Finance are grounded in data on current business performance, adept in framing and communicating complex business issues, skilled in quantitative analysis, and passionate about driving the business forward. But in spite of the many exciting opportunities, we have to generate positive business impact and the demands that places on our time, we also find room in our schedules to unwind, socialize as a team (virtually), and balance work and life, activities which are integral to our long-term career growth but easily overlooked while working from home.
Within Modern Work & Security Finance, the Business Planning Finance team provides insightful and rigorous analyses, both quantitative and qualitative, to support pricing, packaging, licensing, M&A and business development deals, new product investments, and other long-term decisions for Microsoft 365 and related products, across all commercial segments (Enterprise, Mid-Market and SMB). We provide thought leadership by creating, evolving, and socializing business frameworks such as Customer Acquisition Cost, Lifetime Value, the Long-Range Plan & Growth Framework, and many others to bring clarity to complex business issues and help inform decisions by our senior leaders. We partner closely with Business Planning, Business Development, Corporate Strategy, and many other teams.
This Senior Finance Manager position will focus on our security, compliance, and identity products and will lead our engagements with the Business Planning Marketing team in pricing and packaging these products. As such, she or he will play a significant role in a relatively nascent business for Microsoft, in which we have a bold ambition to be the best fully integrated provider in a highly fragmented market. It is a rare opportunity with lots of scope for impact and executive visibility.
- Market & addressable opportunity: Research, define and quantify the addressable market for current and future products, including assessing current market share, identifying opportunities for growth, and surfacing these to our exec leadership to inform investment decisions.
- Long-range planning: Lead the development and update of the three- to five-year business plans for security, compliance, and identity products, including evaluating risks and opportunities.
- Pricing & packaging: Partner with Business Planning Marketing to determine the optimal pricing and packaging of new products or features, either as a separate standalone offer or as part of a suite.
- Deals/investment decision support: Conduct ad-hoc analyses and frame business cases for strategic partnerships and new product investments.
- Solid analytics and structured thinking reinforced by strong Excel modeling skills.
- Able to synthesize large amounts of data and complex scenarios and formulate business cases that drive insight and optimal economic decisions.
- Meticulous, thorough, and detail-oriented, yet able to see “the forest for the trees”.
- Clear communication style; able to adapt the altitude and surface area of her or his content to the audience (from director-level all the way to the SLT).
- Self-motivated; able to handle a high degree of ambiguity and quickly identify what needs to be accomplished across multiple concurrent workstreams and stakeholders, yet able to push back where needed.
- 5+ years of experience, with clear evidence of significant impact and influence in prior roles.
- BA/BS required. MBA or prior strategic business planning or management consulting experience preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.