|Location:||Redmond, Washington, San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is committed to supporting startups around the world as they build innovative, inspiring new products and businesses. We are reinventing how we engage startup ecosystems through our Microsoft forStartupsprogram. We are looking for a passionatePrincipalSoftwareEngineerto help drive this reinvention as we build new products designed to support startups and entrepreneurs around the world.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated software engineering leaderwho has a strong desire to create intuitive and impactful experiences that will be validated using a data driven approach.You will work on architecting, designing, and deliveringexperiencestobuild a product tohelp every founderacceleratetheirbusiness journey with Microsoft.
- Work with startups and our product team to understandour customers’needsto make scalablearchitecturedecisionsand build aproduct from the groundup
- Conduct design reviews, review code to ensure testability and enforce bestpractices
- Collaborate cross team and cross discipline to plan and execute on key deliverableseffectively
- Foster a culture of agile development methodology across the team to iterate quickly based on customerfeedback
- Drive a strong engineering culture and mentor members of theteam
- 10+ yearsfull stackprogrammingexperience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT related technical discipline or 10+ years of industry software engineering experience
- Experience working with a cloud system such asAzureor AWS.
- Technical expertise in various areas of software engineering and track record of successful project delivery
- Experience building accessible web applications and interfaces using a componentized designlanguage
- Experience architecting solutions for new tools andspearheadingchanges to an existingcodebase
- Abilityto define estimates, roadmaps and contribute to product strategy – from ideation to delivery.
- Familiar with continuous integration and continuous delivery best practices
- Experience with startups
- Solid UX design skills, including responsive and accessible designneeds
- Experience improving services using alerting, monitoring, telemetry, etc.
- Experience with client or server-side experimentation
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.