|Location:||North Charleston, South Carolina|
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions and make an impact through meaningful work within our diverse workforce. That’s how we’re living our best #LifeAtCummins .
This is a Material Planner Technician position supporting the Materials Team at the Charleston Turbo Plant. This position will receive an hourly rate of $18.50/hour up to $26.00 depending on the years of applicable and verified experience of the successful applicant.
Under general supervision, determines the quantity and order date for materials needed to meet the master production schedule or independent customer demand. Expedites purchase or production orders as appropriate.
Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE)
* Reports any work-related injury, illness, incident or hazard.
* Complies with HSE standards, policies, procedures & regulations.
* Engages in HSE training.
* Follows applicable standard work, process documentation, and quality procedures.
* Collects data on material planning master data (lead time, order quantities, etc.) to support Plan for Every Part (PFEP).
* Works with Quality to disposition non-conforming material in a timely manner.
* Executes supply plan releases with assigned suppliers to support the demand plan.
* Participates on allocation calls with Sourcing Manager, supplier, and other Cummins entities to understand nature and impact of constraints.
* Works with suppliers to reduce lead time and order quantities balancing supply with demand.
* Supports excess inventory reposition activities to other Cummins locations with supporting demand.
* Provides accurate, timely updates specific to inventory availability and back order recovery plans.
* Assists in ramp up / ramp down activities to meet demand while minimizing excess and obsolete inventory.
* Reconciles order boards for critical suppliers, critical parts, and past due orders on a routine basis.
* Supports the Deliver Supplier Improvement Process initiative to improve performance metrics.
* Documents, communicates, and follows-up on action items impacting the ability to execute the plan.
* Takes ownership and accountability for delivery of supplier schedules that supports end Customer needs.
* Demonstrates the target level of proficiency in core competencies.
* Remains flexible and performs other miscellaneous duties, as required, to meet business goals.
* Communicates effectively within the assigned team and with all support teams.
* Completes training and personal development in line with business requirements and career goals.
* Participates in improvement (quality, safety, process, material flow, etc.) projects.