|Job Type:||Full Time|
MicrosoftCloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering(CHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CHIEdelivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype,OneDriveand the Microsoft Azure platform globallywith our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and deliveringa trustedexperience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high energy engineers to help achieve that mission.As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow the ability to deploy new offerings and HW infrastructure on time, in high volume with high quality and lowest cost is of paramount importance. To achieve this goal, the Cloud Hardware Manufacturing Engineering (CHME) teamisinstrumental in defining and delivering operational measures of success for hardware manufacturing, improving the planning process, quality, delivery,scaleand sustainability related to Microsoft cloud hardware. We are looking for seasoned engineers with a strong passion for customer focused solutions,insightand industry knowledgeto envision and implement future technical solutionsthat willmanage and optimizetheCloud infrastructure.
Cloud Hardware Manufacturing Engineering (CHME) is a team that collaborates with Microsoft’s suppliers, engineering design teams, business managers, and supply chain managers to ensure that the newest hardware that powers Microsoft’s cloud services is available to our customers on-time and at the highest levels of quality. A critical function in this work is the role of the Hardware Manufacturing PM. Hardware Manufacturing PM within CHME ensure that the newest hardware developed by Microsoft is built at our supplier’s factories with efficiency, safety, and at the highest levels of quality. HWMfgPM also ensure that our suppliers empower our customers by delivering this hardware on-time to our datacenters around the world.
We are looking for a passionate, curious, and high-energy individual to join our team as an HardwareMfgProgram Manager and take part in our vision to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more with Microsoft’s technology.
- Leadthehardwaremanufacturing ofNew Product Introduction (NPI)program/sthrough the differentphasesofthe engineering development lifecycle.
- Manage multiple NPICloudhardwareprogramswith a goal of ensuringMicrosoft’s hardware is manufactured at the highest levels ofQ&R,safety andaligned to schedulefor deliveryto Microsoft’s global datacenters.
- Lead a cross functional team within the CHME team in a fast paceand complexenvironment to ensure partner site readiness, manage build risks/mitigations and drive for gate reviews.Ableto leverage experience and engineering skills to solve problems, fill gaps and achieve objectives through a cross functional team.
- MaintainNPI manufacturingrelationshipand operations with externalpartnertowards a common goal.
- See the bigger program picture to drive program clarity and efficiency, influence stakeholders and shift things to the left.
- Definesupplychain anddrive team towardsproject schedulesleading fromoperational readinesstoproduct quality delivery.
- Provide innovation and creativity in developing new tools and processes that enable Microsoft and our suppliers to scale our growth in deploying NPI hardware with efficiency andpredictability.
- Be comfortable and efficient in interacting with senior management, highlightingrisksand providing recommendations to support product level decisions.Communicate program status to Microsoft stakeholders in a clear and timely manner using written, verbal, and analytic formats.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering: Electrical,Industrial, Manufacturing, MechanicalEngineering,or any related engineering degree.
- 7+years’ experiencein program management of hardware developmentand manufacturing.
- 5+years’ experienceworking in manufacturing, operations, engineering,productand program management.
- Graduate degree in engineering or an MBA with an emphasis in operations management or supply chain management
- Engineering experience in designing and/or manufacturing the parts and assemblies used in datacenter hardware.Additional experience and knowledge inserverindustry product development process will be significantly advantageous.
- Abilityto analyze and interpret data statistically and to translate statistical data into business narratives that enable executives to make timely and informeddecisions.
- Experienceinglobal supplierrelationshipand performancemanagement.
- Abilityto work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment witha growth mindset, grithumility, dependability, and attention todetails.
- Proven track record in identifyingin a complex environment anddriving improvements on scale.
- Excellent communications and leadership skills,abilityto work well with cross functional groups,abilityto work independently with remotesupervision.
- Six Sigma or Lean certifications
- Ability to travel up to 25%each year.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to speak or read in Spanish or Chinese (Mandarin)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.