|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Program Manager – Power BI
Are you an experienced analyst and program manager who has a passion for helping others achieve more?
Microsoft’s Power BI Engineering team is leading the transformation of how analysts and their stakeholders do work. Power BI is a product that has risen to be one of the leading BI/Analytics technologies by focusing on the needs of consumers, analysts, BI developers and IT. Every new capability we release helps people learn more, learn faster and be more effective. We’d love for you to join us on this journey!
This is your opportunity to be at the center of the action of a team of PMs and Engineers that are passionate about the value and promise of analytics across the world. You’ll be focused on understanding our product, what makes it great for customers, where our pressure points are and part of the process for defining our strategy and tactics in the future. We are looking for a passionate, driven analytics expert to help the leadership team “dogfood” our product and stay close to heart of our customers. You have the opportunity to collaborate across engineering leadership and their teams to improve both our business and our product.
You'll bring your passion for transforming business questions into strategic recommendations and insights based on expert analyses and collaboration with stakeholders. You possess the technical and analytical capability to work with the data as well as the collaboration and project management experience to drive impact in a fast-moving environment. You should be a strategic thinker who is able to see opportunities to use data and analytics to drive business strategy.
- Be a key lead in the Power BI analytics space responsible for measurement, impact and analysis
- Collaborate with core partners to identify critical questions and develop analysis & learning plans to address them
- Manage multi-month strategic or operational BI initiatives across various, engaged stakeholders
- Own and contribute to reporting and visualization efforts to support the communication of insights to support decisions from the strategic to the tactical
- Manage ad hoc request in-take and prioritization and provide dedicated analysis and insights monthly
- Collaborate across engineering teams to find opportunities to expand capabilities and develop robust solutions for the business
- Motivated, highly entrepreneurial, and comfortable with ambiguity in a dynamic environment
- Strong communicator with the ability to run multiple work streams
- College degree (MBA/Masters preferred)
- 3+ years’ experience in analysis or finance supporting sales, marketing or engineering
- Experience with advanced excel, Power BI, and SQL (other technical skills encouraged)
- Project management experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.