|Job Type:||Full Time|
Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Sales Team
We are a rapidly growing sales organization, currently looking for highly motivated individuals who want to be a part of scaling our sales org. We are a culture that prides itself in diversity and inclusion.
About the Role
Account Executives will directly impact the overall growth of the company by finding new customers, by surfacing learnings from sales conversations, by testing new data sources and sales processes, by improving the quality & quantity of pros on Thumbtack and by driving revenue for the company.
- Identify key decision makers and/or key influencers within an organization, such as Executives, Directors and other leaders, to sell Thumback
- Help key stakeholders gain insight around their market, customers, and competitors which will allow them to make quicker and better data driven decisions
- Become an expert in the Thumbtack product and clearly articulate why every business professional needs the product as part of their business plan
- Work hand-in-hand with our Success team and strategize methods to ensure every account is thriving and successful on Thumbtack
- Drive revenue for our department and the company as a whole
- Maintain accurate and current documentation for all accounts
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- You understand that your highest priority is closing sales & driving revenue
- You are resilient - Rejection is something that pushes you to work harder and smarter
- You see the big picture - You’re proactive in anticipating challenges and quick to come up with ideas to resolve those challenges
- Strong problem solving skills - You're resourceful and will know our product so well that you really understand what the customer needs; solution-oriented
- Have a collaborative attitude to share techniques and success with the team
- Experience in high call volume sales
- Must have 3+ years sales experience
- Marketing or advertising sales experience
- Software sales experience
- Salesforce experience
- Google Suite experience
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.