|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Position Description: At Okta, we believe that identifying and delivering tangible business value is critical to customer success both during a prospect’s initial evaluation and throughout their entire customer journey. As part of our relentless focus on delivering value, we’ve built a in-house team of value-focused product marketers and field-facing consultants who work hand-in-hand with customers to identify, capture, and demonstrate Okta’s value back to their organizations.
As the [Senior Manager / Director] of Business Value, you will manage a small team of Product Marketers responsible for the frameworks, messaging, tools, and collateral underpinning our value-based go-to-market. These assets are collectively used across Okta’s field organization to develop and present compelling value propositions, proposals, and business cases tailored to address our customers most pressing business challenges.
Our ideal candidate for this role would be an experienced product marketer or value practitioner with in-depth knowledge security, IT, and digital transformation-focused business initiatives. In addition to sales and pre-sales expertise, this candidate would also have extensive experience working with post-sales functions like Customer Success and Renewals.
This is a highly cross-functional role that will require close collaboration with stakeholders in the product, marketing, sales, and post-sales organizations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build new value messaging and content in support of new products and capabilities
- Refine existing value messaging to better align with specific industries, personas, and desired business outcomes
- Manage and enhance value selling tools broadly leveraged across Okta’s field organization
- Work with Data & Analytics team to refine BV benchmarking / analytics approach
- Collaborate with Post-Sales leaders to expand post-sales business value process
- Work with Marketing to lead with value at the top of the funnel / embed value metrics in product + marketing activities
- Partner with Field Enablement teams to instill value-selling capabilities and best practices across the field organization (sales, customer success, renewals, etc.)
- Work with Partner & Alliances team to help channel partners more effectively position Okta’s value
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8 - 10 years experience in product marketing, solutions marketing, or value-consulting
- Strong written and verbal communication and excellent presentation skills
- Experience partnering with leaders and cross-functional teams to drive complex, cross-functional projects
- Strong, team-oriented leadership and collaboration skills
- Ability to independently identify, frame and confront issues and guide through tough decisions
- Comfort with ambiguity and motivated to solve complex problems
- Understanding of software deal dynamics and ability to think strategically about driving software opportunities forward
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide our company actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones and Okta values: (1) Love our customers (2) Empower our people (3) Never stop innovating (4) Act with integrity (5) Maintain transparency. We expect our managers and leaders to embody the following core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Builds strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Uses a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Develop people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.