|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to take on a variety of software quality responsibilities including the development, maintenance and execution of automated tests, deploying software updates, troubleshooting test failures and reproducing software defects. The SDET will work alongside SQA and Development professionals to assure we are delivering the best products to our customers.
This role is essential for Poly’s product development process strategy in delivering on time and with quality. Our ideal candidate will be a versatile engineer who can evolve with changing landscapes, while maximizing product quality before releasing to the customer. If you’re an engineer who enjoys working on hard problems while providing quality, valuable, end-to-end solutions to customers we’d like to meet you.
*** Relocation assistance and immigration Sponsorship not available for this role.***
- Write, debug and deploy automated software tests for network software products.
- Reproduce, analyze and document software defects.
- Troubleshoot test failures and isolate causes.
- Analyze and write test standards and procedures.
- Develop and maintain reporting of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
- Document, report and track software defects.
- Analyze and review logs and network traces.
- Setup and maintain environments for requisite testing.
- Experience working with build/continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, Gitlab, Bamboo, etc.
- Experience with test automation tools and techniques such as Selenium, Junit, PyTest or others.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work in highly technical and complex environments.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess one or more of the following qualifications:
- Experience using or developing REST APIs.
- Professional working experience in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with test automation tools and automated test development.
- Comfortable with telecommunications technologies such as SIP, H.323 or WebRTC.
- Experience with Wireshark and other network tools.