|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come join the team responsible for the Microsoft Flight Simulator franchise. We recently released a new simulator to both critical acclaim and commercial success, but we’re only just starting on our journey with this new platform. We are looking for a Senior Business Manager with experience working with technology-oriented teams who is passionate about achieving revenue and profit goals in ways that are aligned with our franchise pillars.
As a Senior Business Manager on the Microsoft Flight Simulator team, you will need to be passionate about driving incremental profit, have experience modeling revenue and costs and can work effectively within a constraint system. The ideal candidate for this position is eager to make an impact, will hold themselves accountable to goals and appreciates the value of inclusiveness within every facet of the work environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of the sources of revenue and costs that make up the P&L to enable creation of various models and scenarios to help leadership chart a profitable path forward.
- Provide consolidated reporting & analysis around Title P&Ls, ensuring alignment with Long Range Plan (LRP), budget/forecast and other financial deliverables.
- Find creative ways to optimize for both MAU and profit while focusing on strategic initiatives. This involves exploring opportunities to drive incremental gross margin and to optimize profitability through pricing, cost containment, in-game monetization and lifecycle management.
- Assess impact of new programs and initiatives on Microsoft Flight Simulator’s ability to drive revenue and MAU.
- Closely follow trends and changes in the industry to help identify areas to invest in, new business models, competitive threats, etc.
- Assess contract deal terms to understand the P&L impact and influence negotiation to optimize for Microsoft’s interest while maintaining the partner’s motivation.
- Ensure new revenue channels can be recognized and associated royalties captured so that more revenue opportunities can be realized.
- Drive merchandizing efforts that are true to the franchise, but enable fans to engage in new ways to reflect their passion for the franchise.
- Deliver consistent, reliable reporting for Xbox Game Studios Publishing leadership
- Understand various licensing contracts to enable review and approval of various licensing royalty statements. Create quarterly report of revenue pools to send to royalty accounting to facilitate these statements.
- Create SOWs and closely monitor outsourcing spend.
- Partner closely with finance to ensure we are meeting operating expense, revenue and gross margin targets.
- At least 5 years of experience in a business analysis, business management or finance role, preferably within the gaming or technology industry
- Strong Excel skills essential, proficiency with SQL and BI tools a definite plus
- Experience presenting complex financial and operational data in easily absorbed and understood reporting targeted at specific audiences, ranging from studio teams across multiple disciplines, up to exec leadership
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively communicate the results of complex analysis in a simplified way
- BA/BS or equivalent four-year degree in a relevant field preferred
- Passion for, and experience in, games development or technology environments preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.