|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Business Process & Analytics organization is responsible to lead aspects of planning, implementation, optimization & business analytics.
These responsibilities include:
- Owning & managing the Regional Operations Center (ROCs) process portfolio inclusive of operational controls & risk assessment. Managing to Operations Delivery Lifecycle (ODLC)
- Leading the implementation of new launches in conjunction with established Process Areas (Contracts, Sales, Orders, Billing, etc.) on behalf of the ROCs
- Identification and ownership of optimization opportunities on behalf of the ROCs. This includes aspect of prioritization, design & tracking business benefits across policy, program and process
- Fostering a data-driven culture; to encourage and enable the entire organization to make more informed decisions through data & business analytics
The Business Process team is responsible to lead aspects of optimization to drive efficacy in how we transact, improve and protect processes. This team identifies and owns optimization opportunities on behalf of the ROCs. This includes aspects of prioritization, design and tracking business benefits across policy, program and process. We are improving the business and building future experiences.
The Business Operations Analyst is accountable for delivery of data and validation of assumptions to support business cases to influence program, policy and process enhancements to optimize across bedrock and future state, working in an agile manner in short sprints with global business partners and cross functional organizations. Responsible to develop and craft the business case, alignment of opportunities & recommendations, and ultimate design. Accountable for the ongoing tracking of business benefits.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate and define requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, develop and recommend solutions
- Provide data led inputs to capability requirements that align to transformational outcomes. Ensure all local requirements are articulated & incorporated into design requirements (business and functional design)
- Provide subject matter expertise & inputs to increase effectiveness of readiness to enable audiences to consume, transact and support design
- Anticipate and articulate prioritized implementation risks, issues and opportunities to key stakeholders
- Accountable to monitor & track metrics and key performance indicators for remediation and optimization opportunities and define business impacts and associated benefits
- Operate in accordance with Agile (SaFE) principles and environment to deliver business case for change aligned with operational priorities
Ideal Candidate Attributes:
- Can think creatively, strong analytical skillset, objective and independent, and can speak in both business and technical terms
- Experience developing data flow diagrams using business analysis and data acumen (SQL, Python, Advanced Excel, statistical methods, etc.) to determine data flow characteristics and data model requirements
- Experience modeling AS IS and TO BE processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Design thinking that enables synthesizing of many ideas into big-picture view with connections between business intention and action
- Embraces continuous improvement and new ways of doing things, navigating in a dynamic and often ambiguous environment and while providing structure and organizational leadership to drive transformational change
- Demonstrated experience operating in conjunction with improvement methodologies (LEAN, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Strong Communication and collaboration skills with ability to articulate insights and findings to cross functional team members and management. Ability to document and speak to business requirements for both Engineering and business consumption
- Team player – leverage and contribute effectively to the work of others and works well in matrixed team environment. Inquisitive nature, with analytical acumen and data retrieval, analysis, and visualization abilities
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- 3-5 years' minimum experience in Operations, Business Analysis, or Program Management
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual thinking skills, and advanced technical skills
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills and capabilities in diverse and highly complex environments including both team and individual based environments
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels, in multiple geographies and business functions, both internally and externally
- Ability to simplify complex situations, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to multi-task and project manage many tasks simultaneously. Ability to work under continual deadline constraints
- Strong project and process management with proven ability for planning, scheduling & coordinating
- Proven ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems by applying knowledge and judgment to identify approach and methods
- Experience in obtaining and using diverse customer feedback and using customer knowledge to optimize the design of agreement-to-cash processes
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.