|Location:||Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you excited to be on the front-line of securing Microsoft and our customers that entrust their security to Microsoft? Are you passionate about collaborating with engineering teams to enable customers and team members to deliver reliable, high-performance solutions at scale with agility? Do you enjoy optimizing reliability, performance, efficiency, and solving complex problems with software and systems solutions?
Microsoft’s Cloud Security Division builds and operates a diverse set of services across the stack from foundational “dial-tone” platforms in Azure to the systems that back offerings like Office 365 ATP and Azure IP. We work as a team across development, site reliability engineering (SRE), program management, security, and ML specialists to protect, detect and remediate adapting and evolving threats.
Speed and agility done correctly enable higher quality, so anything done to ease the path to get secure, reliable, and effective features out is critical. Our mission in the Cloud Security Division’s SRE team is to optimize and protect the software and systems behind our internal and customer offerings while keeping an ever-watchful eye on their reliability, latency, performance, and capacity. SRE handles bulletproofing, reinforcing, ruggedizing and generally improving the quality of service and innovation-throughput of the services under our purview.
Solid candidates for this position will be people with the ability to work across diverse teams with competing priorities to establish common criteria, process, and tooling to improve service maturity in the Cloud Security organization. The scope of this position is the full Azure stack from bare metal to the customer facing services and all layers in between. Great core PM skills and experiences are a must have for this position. We are particularly interested in candidates with prior Live Site, Operability, Quality of Service, Service Efficiency and tooling experience. You must be able derive needs and requirements out of current state with an eye towards the aspirational state we are always driving towards.
To be considered for this role, you must be passionate about building highly available services, possess strong collaboration skills, and be people focused. The scope is also beyond Azure and will require the successful candidate to collaborate and partner with teams across C&AI and Microsoft to drive instrumentation requirements and build solutions for capturing end user and system telemetry for your metrics.
At Azure, we can offer you a strong team, exciting challenges, and a fun place to work. The work environment empowers you to have a real impact on millions of end users. This is also a unique opportunity to work with world-class engineers. Apply now for this unique green field opportunity!
- Manage a portfolio of services and partner with teams of engineers to design and deliver software to improve the reliability, scalability and efficiency of your services.
- Plan and drive execution across the portfolio to improve on-time delivery, reduce lead/lag times and overall, identify and drive down manual (non-engineering) efforts within the teams.
- Manage the Livesite process, improve MTTx and create clear customer-driven SLO KPIs to track forward progress.
- Manage the budget, define service cost drivers, track and reduce deltas between forecasts and actuals.
- Define, design, socialize and drive adoption of common methods and tooling to automate and measure service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Find inefficiencies in our service management capabilities and create opportunities to drive convergence in common scenarios.
- 3+ years in a Technical PM role with a strong track record of shipping products and services.
- You are a well-rounded PM demonstrating customer empathy, creativity, strong communication, and cross-group collaboration skills.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Candidates must have an active US Government Top Secret security clearance and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph), or have an active TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Deep expertise in Distributed systems, DevOps, Operations, Networking, Storage, and Azure.
- Demonstrable business results from previous projects driving service reliability on large distributed systems.
- Statistics experience and bias for measurement and data driven improvements.