|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the transformational challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Business Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners globally. We offer unique opportunities to work in an environment that embraces diversity, focuses on talent development, recognizes, and rewards great work. We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
Microsoft Business Operations manages the Global operationalization of Microsoft’s most complex product and service offerings. We have the charter to define, build, launch, transact and optimize best in class Product and Offer Services for Microsoft.
Azure Services are a strategic and rapidly growing set of cloud services within the broader Intelligent Cloud portfolio for Microsoft. Given the rapid growth of Azure Services, Microsoft Business Operations is extending the current scope to manage Cloud Services Consumption Credits from Approval(s) to Validation/Application with the primary focus on the Azure business and the associated financial and compliance controls across Legacy and Modern eco-systems.
We’re looking for an experienced Director of Operations and leader, who will partner deeply with C+E Engineering, GSMO, WCB, Finance and Finance Compliance, New Commerce stakeholders and drive clarity and efficiency – always putting compliance and customer experience at the center of the charter. You will leverage your passion, grit, and technical acumen to lead a strategic transact team ensuring compliance while adhering to SLAs and driving Customer Pain Time down.
As this function grows its charter beyond Azure (to Modern Workplace, Business Applications, etc.), you will be responsible for leveraging the processes and transactional excellence of Azure Credits and incubating new Go To Markets and new Lines of Business into the Credits Function while leading both the Approve and Validate/Apply sub-functions in strict adherence to compliance mandates always as you drive and improve processes.
This leader is a key member of the Microsoft Business Operations International leadership team reporting directly to the General Manager.
The Director of Operations, Global Consumption will be accountable to:
- Deliver consistent results of all Financial Control SLA’s, Compliance and Customer/Partner satisfaction scorecard targets - constantly raising the bar on execution excellence delivery and instill a culture of continuous/proactive monitoring of our key financial controls.
- Relentlessly drive for policy, process, people, and systems optimization opportunities which increases compliance controls; increases credit/re-bill and invoice delivery velocity; reduces costs and improves the experiences for our Azure customers. Predict and incorporate new financial controls and compliance needs to keep ahead of both internal and external compliance requirements.
- Lead the Azure Credit Policy evolution and updates with all stakeholders (Azure, Finance, MBO)
- Contribute to driving alignment across all dependent and joint groups to ensure a holistic “One Microsoft” approach to delivering Modern Roadmap and prioritization of short-term & long-term requirements to enable new Azure Services and changes to existing Azure Services in a controlled, scalable environment.
- Embody the Coach, Model, Care principles as you nurture and build a team focused on D&I principles
- Shape and influence Business Operations business and talent/culture strategic priorities as part of the Business Operations International leadership team.
- 10 years' minimum experience in Operations, Program Management, Process/Project Management, Compliance, Risk, or Financial Controls
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Business, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- Previous experience with Microsoft’s Cloud Services especially Azure
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and navigate uncertain situations to drive for clarity; work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-speed environment.
- A track record of exceptional partnering across a wide array of internal business groups, executive stakeholders and execution partners with ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Proven impact and influence skills - ability to work broadly across disparate groups to gain agreement on direction, integrate disparate opinions into cohesive strategy/message and present/defend recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead, and grow diverse teams with focus on Model, Coach, Care methodology and core Microsoft D&I principles.
- Exceptional written, verbal and creative communication skills, including ability to translate insight into content, create slide or written presentations, create overall communication plans
- Knowledge of Microsoft operational capabilities
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.