|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about Cloud Computing and looking for an opportunity to make a long-term impact on Microsoft’s future by delivering the best Cloud Capacity Customer Experience? If so, this is the role for you!
The Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) group within Microsoft Azure is an exciting and fast evolving engineering group. CSCP’s vision is to Empower Customers to Achieve More by Delivering Cloud Capacity Differentiated at Scale. Our mission is to deliver Capacity for all Cloud Services Predictably through Intelligent Systems driven by Continuous Learning and a World Class Organization. The group is responsible for Microsoft’s Customer Cloud Promise of delivering on Elasticity and Scale at Optimal Cost and Speed. We cover all Microsoft Online Services, supporting over 200 businesses including Microsoft Azure, Bing, O365, OneDrive, and Xbox.
Capacity Customer Experience (CCE) within CSCP is a dynamic team working with customers across the globe to deliver the best capacity customer experience by intelligent and proactive management of all Microsoft cloud capacity. A solid and predictable capacity experience for customers on engaging with Microsoft and optimizing to protect capacity for high priority customer workloads is key to customer satisfaction and long-term customer retention. The Compute team within CCE is focused on designing and implementing frameworks, processes and systems to engage proactively with cloud capacity customers, fulfill their Compute capacity needs, manage cloud capacity risks, deliver cloud capacity optimizations and analytics to reliably fulfill customer needs and measurably improve customer experience.
We are looking for a passionate Program Manager to lead the Customer and Region Management aspects for the expanding arsenal of Azure resources that already includes Compute, SQL, and Storage. As the PM, you will work directly with customers to help them plan, fulfill, operate, and optimize their Azure resource usage, partner with engineering, infrastructure, marketing, and field to drive capacity optimization across Azure datacenters worldwide to ensure best customer experience in consuming Azure resources. Your ability to discuss the problem space at great technical depth and explore potential solutions with teams you interface with, and maintain trusted relationships with these engineering partners, is essential for your success. Working with engineering counterparts in building the systems we need for decision making, developing customer and region specific levers and supporting processes to aid in managing the increasing customer demand, working with customers in an advisory role and helping them optimize, helping build high fidelity analytics that help in faster and accurate decision making, are all major aspects of this role.
- 2+ years of technical and business experience in the following or related areas: capacity planning, capacity management, capacity optimization, program management, customer and partner communications, efficiency improvement guidance for customers, and cloud capacity management.
- BA/BS degree required in engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong understanding of cloud services, usage scenarios and implementations. Experience working in or with cloud engineering teams preferred.
- Strong program management experience and proven track record of delivering high quality work on time. An attention to detail with self-discipline and a drive for results.
- Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with customers and partners to understand their business needs and priorities.
- Display a strong improvement orientation that continually looks at how to improve processes and work approaches.
- MBA preferred.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.