|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Through our Cloud-first strategy, we strive to deliversolutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers to drive their business more successfully. The MicrosoftMargin Strategy and Investment Optimizationfinance team is an exciting and fast-evolving finance team at the forefront of Microsoft’s Cloud-first strategy. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to help shape the future of our cloudproducts.
The team’s charter is to build out end to end Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure while driving down unit cost of capacity, ensuring cloud services achieve both profit and gross margin growth. As a crucial member of the team you’ll also support long term bets and drive competitive intelligence to keep Microsoft Cloud ahead of competition, all while enhancing transparency into Cloud Infrastructure investmentsandsafeguarding shareholder interest.
Our Cloud Investment Strategy team is seekinga senior finance manager responsible for driving the financial evaluation of Cloud related engineering investments andregionexpansionsin support of Microsoft’s work with theU.S. Intelligence Community, Department of Defense,andtheirmissionpartners.This role will leadplanning,controllership,compliance, andP&L management. Core responsibilities will include planning and financial analysis for new regions andgrowth in current regions,financial forecasting and business partnering with corporate finance teams,informing pricing,analysis and reporting at monthly/quarterly business reviews, support to capacity planningand engineeringteams, and regional P&L management.Thisrole is a great opportunity to:
- Partner acrossdiverse business planning and engineering teamstodrive Microsoft’sregionalcloud infrastructure portfolio strategy & execution
- Develop robust financial models to evaluate investmentsand toinform cloud profitability
- Enhance transparency into end-to-end cloud infrastructure and operationscosts,and drive accountability
- Beatrusted business partner tocommerceandcentral financeteams to ensureregulatory and contractualcompliance
- Analyze ROI and provide decision support to business teams
- Develop and implement processes and frameworks to accelerate, simplify, and scale Microsoft Cloud’s investment process
- Engage in continuous learning of Microsoft Cloud services, infrastructure, operations, go-to-market, and long-term cloud economics
Our team values the following set of skills, which this role will help you enhance:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, computer science or engineering.MBA or equivalent work experience to an MBA preferred.
- 6+ years ofrelevant experience with progressive advancement within your discipline.Technology,investmentbanking, or strategy consultingexperiencepreferred.
- Deep modelingcapabilities and ability to work with financialand businesssystems.
- Ability to think end to end from strategic planning through multi-year execution; and to model the financial investments and impact accordingly.
- Proven leadership skills, with demonstrated results in proactively driving and delivering high value/high-impact projectresults through both individual and v-team efforts.
- Strong partnering capabilities, with the ability to influence others without direct authority.
- Executive level oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex analysis in aclear,simple way.
- Thorough and detail oriented, yet abletosee the forest for the trees.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity across a continuously evolving,fast-pace business.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and to work under tight deadlines.
- High level of self-motivationand autonomy; ability to quickly identify what needs to be accomplished and resourcefulness to get things done.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.