|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Customer Experience & Success
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
- If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Experience & Success, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
Support Engineers (SE) serve as frontline technical resources for Microsoft customers and partners via phone, email or web. They deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
This is a Partner Support Engineer role will be focused on helping Partners with issues around the Microsoft Partner Network and/or the Cloud Solution Provider program. The daily responsibilities will include the following:
- Handling online submitted support requests related to Partner Programs
- Conduct proactive outreach to partners either as part of an open case or for a campaign as needed
- Capture timely, accurate and clean Commercial and Partner data understanding that incorrect data limits our ability to understand partner pain points and resolve both system and policy issues
- Actively listen and engage in all conversations remembering that they are serving as a corporate spokesperson
- Effectively uses provided delivery tools, processes, and methodologies consistently in order to control deliveries in a repeatable way.
- Tracks risks, issues and ensures that his or her portion of deliveries are accurate, on time, and within Microsoft’s agreed scope.
- Follows up consistently and intentionally, and develops action plans for resolving customer escalations
- Help drive partner satisfaction by providing accurate information, prompt call backs, and timely follow-ups on all action items.
- If the partner qualifies, ensure that the partner can participate in Microsoft’s incentives programs.
- Communicate effectively and leave a great impression as the first point of contact
- Quickly scope issue and actively drive resolution while avoiding the next likely issue/hurdle and identifying opportunities through effective questioning and active listening
- Provide end to end management of Microsoft Partner requests and remove as much effort from the partner experience as possible
- Enthusiastically tell the Microsoft Partner Network and Cloud Solution Provider value prop and develop an understanding of partners and customers’ needs for both immediate issue resolution as well as future hurdles to overcome and opportunities available.
- Accurately route/hand off to other Microsoft services/teams if needed and, typically, as a last resort. If a “misroute” is received, goal should be to understand why, how to uptrain if other skills are needed or how to address root cause to minimize partner bounce up front.
- Ensure that customers and partners are aware of, and can take advantage of, all relevant Microsoft offerings, resources and services
- Scope a customer issue by collecting the relevant facts and investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
- Consult and collaborate with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world and with management and engineering to resolve service issues.
- Act internally as a customer advocate.
- Empower customers to find information, self-solve when they decide to, and learn more about Microsoft products, services and support.
- Advise customers on how to gain additional value from their Microsoft products.
- Document your technical work and research to help your colleagues, improve the product, and improve the support experience.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations.
- 3+ years in a customer facing support role with troubleshooting experience
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative team
- Effectively balance customer needs and business objectives
- Ability to work transparently with management in an environment of continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills with both written and spoken English
- Microsoft products and services
- Microsoft Partner Network and Cloud Solution Provider programs
- Azure Marketplace offers and publishing
- Fundamentals of Azure
- Co-selling program for Partners
- Bachelor level of education or equivalent experience. Passion to keep learning and build expert level knowledge in a wide variety of specialties (program benefits, billing information, publishing processes, refund procedures, etc)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.