|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Business Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
This role is a Director of Operations role on the Commercial Planning and Launch team in Microsoft Business Operations, and if working with Partners and making them successful is something you are passionate about, this is a role might just be for you!
Microsoft Business Operations manages the WW operationalization of Microsoft’s most complex product and service launches. We also have the charter to define, build, and pilot launch frameworks to be leveraged across the launch ecosystem, such as risk management systems, customer and partner scenario/experience mapping guidance and templates, triage approaches, and launch/project health metrics.
This role will drive coordination of our Microsoft Business Operations planning efforts for the portfolio of commercial partner launches and projects (specifically Device Partner Sales (DPS) and Internet of Things (IoT)). Working collaboratively across various planning teams within and beyond operations to align and integrate disparate planning motions and efforts, this person will serve as a trusted advisor to both the MBO Planning & Launch team leadership as well as Global Partner Solutions (esp DPS), IoT, Business Group and Engineering stakeholders, providing thought leadership, vision, business and operational expertise to mature our planning capabilities and effectiveness, to pilot new business models, to achieve and to enable moving these partners to modern GTM offers and experiences.
- Manage a team (~7 HC) of end to end launch managers who have accountability to design (compliantly with excellent experience) and manage (inc core teams, project plans, issues/risk) commercial partner launches in the portfolio.
- Collaboratively lead and orchestrate launch efforts for partner launches across organizations within and beyond Microsoft Business Operations.
- Deliver consolidated project/launch roadmaps with insights into impacts to strategic business outcomes, process and experience maturation, capabilities, and compliance.
- Drive key initiatives and strategic partner projects and launches spanning the planning and launch organization, including proactively identifying and solving roadblocks in the process.
- Drive messaging and communication for partner launches across all levels of the organization to drive awareness, understanding and alignment on plans, roadmaps and implications for the portfolio of partner-related work.
- Manage key planning stakeholder meetings, organizing participation and leading the agenda to accrue to strategic business outcomes for the commercial partner business.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- 10 years' minimum experience in Operations, Program Managment, Product Management or Launch Managment
- 5+ years product/program launch experience
- A track record of exceptional partnering across a wide-array of internal business groups, executive stakeholders and execution partners with ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels
- Proven impact and influence skills - ability to work broadly across disparate groups to gain agreement on direction, integrate disparate opinions into cohesive strategy/message and present/defend recommendations
- Knowledge of Microsoft transactional/operational capabilities and processes
- Ability to drive multiple high-profile projects forward, effectively leverage all resources to drive results
- Exceptional written, verbal and creative communication skills, including ability to translate insight into content, create slide or written presentations, create overall communication plans
- Commercial Partner knowledge particularly of systems/tools/process
- Knowledge of related Device, software and Service licensing vehicles including Volume Licensing
- Consulting experienced
- Experience running global virtual teams and global process/program management
- Ability to enroll, set expectations, and drive accountability with domain experts and executives
- Can clearly articulate and translate the business or customer impacts of identified risks and issues
- Can navigate cross-organizational barriers to drive outstanding business results, shared accountability, and executive alignment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.