|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Service Engineer, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide. With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our Data Center Integration Services (DCIS) team.
Data Center Integration Services (DCIS) team supports Microsoft’s global data center operations with datacenter deployments and maintenance of the physical Cloud services infrastructure. Our team is responsible for designing, building, and supporting tools and reports, to perform day-to-day activities for deployment, break/fix, and hardware quality teams within the Microsoft Cloud Operations & Innovation organization.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Lead and mentor a team of service engineers, providing technical and career coaching to help them grow their skills and career.
- Active role of an escalation engineer to drive new capacity deployments in the data center. Support production escalations w.r.t. break-fix, datacenter support tickets with an emphasis on Azure and diagnostic tooling
- Identify opportunities and take ownership for automation and/or continuous improvement of Incident Management process and best practices.
- Partner with PM and Engineering teams within and outside the organization to innovate and mature the platform to drive systemic and scale-able enhancements.
- Manage high impacting situations that involve technically challenging issues across diverse audiences.
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+years of managing engineering teams
- Solid communication skills
- Solid debugging and troubleshooting skills with demonstrated experience
- A strong customer focus, with an ability to make critical decisions independently in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Loves to work and encourage a diverse and inclusive environment
- Experience providing support in mission-critical, 24x7 production environments
- Experience working on enterprise scale diagnostics tooling and optimizations.
- Strong knowledge of engineering methodologies including agile development and Sprint planning
- Good object-oriented and software design skills
- Good understanding of basic computer science concepts including data structures
- Experience in software development (online services preferred)
- Experience using IT diagnostic tools and programs
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate U.S. Government clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.