|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft, we believe in the transformational power of design: Innovation only happens when we make things simple and fluid, and UX disappears behind the achievements of our customers. That’s where you come in. Cloud + AI Design Studios is looking for an experienced Design Manager to lead a team of talented designers and user researchers. Together, you and your team will help create and nurture the next generation of cloud management experiences for Microsoft Azure. We’re building the World’s Computer, and we need your leadership to help us realize that dream.
You’ll build, grow, and mentor your team, guiding them to success along clear career paths. You’ll create strategic UX direction and priorities for product design, talent resourcing, and budgets. And you’ll help create and foster a supportive, motivated work environment built on inclusivity, growth mindset, and business impact. You’ll lead with the empathy to manage people through challenging times, the focus to thrive in ambiguous environments, the clarity to break down complex problems into clear goals, and the never-ending desire to innovate for our customers. You’ll bring your leadership skills to your team and partners with optimism, a retractable ego, and an open mind.
In our team, we believe in the power of inclusion, diversity of ideas, skills, and background, work / life balance, and the joy of solving challenging problems. We help large enterprises use Azure however and wherever they need it: in the cloud, on the edge, all at huge scale. We strive for a collaborative culture where everyone can flourish and innovate, including in our own approaches to the ever-changing global climate.
Join us, and you’ll be a part of a passionate community of UX professionals, working on one of the most exciting, highest-impact technologies in the world!
We’re a fast-growing team and we want people who bring all kinds of experience to the table. If our list of qualifications doesn’t quite match yours, don’t let that discourage you. Apply anyway! We want talented, passionate design managers to help point the way to the future of computing. If that’s you, let’s go.
- Define and drive responsibilities for individual team members and across the team.
- Evaluate and hire multi-disciplinary talent.
- Create a positive work environment and inclusive culture.
- Create long-term partnerships with product teams and deliver business impact
- Represent the team in executive & product team reviews
- Create guidelines, best practices, and repeatable design patterns
- Create and maintain a scalable engagement framework that maximizes the reach and product impact of the design team
- Bachelor's degree in UX related disciplines (e.g., UX Design, UX Research, HCI, etc.)
- 3+ years of people management experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in UX Design, and/or UX Research
- Proven record of impact as a UX Manager
- A high-quality portfolio and presentation are critical to interview for this role. It should communicate your work experience, management style, and business impact
- Expertise building scalable UX engagement processes while educating and influencing product teams
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary team environment where you’ll be expected to wear multiple hats and move frequently between projects.
- Ability to lead teams under tight deadlines, ambiguous situations, and in undefined product areas and features.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills that drive compelling conversations and clear presentations.
- Ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately and prioritize tasks and goals independently.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.