|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about solving complex businesses problems using data, has a strong analytical background and who is comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty in driving decisions across diverse stakeholders. We develop executable strategic plans, drive impact across teams, drive primary and secondary research, leverage internal and external data to inform actionable insights and recommendations.
Edge and Bing are one of Microsoft’s newest and most important bets. With increased investment and leadership sponsorship, we are looking for a strong business leader to take it to the next level.We are looking for a hands-on and mission-driven leader to drive the Edge and Bing businesses across consumers and commercial users. As the Director of Edge and Bing Business Planning, you will articulate vision, define success,and set goalsfor Microsoft browser and search businesses.
- Day-to-day, P&L management:
- Define, set, and exceed goals on behalf of the entire business across all segments, functions and teams
- Identify new opportunities to invest in or divest from
- Communicate business performance to Microsoft most senior executives
- Data definition and ownership:
- Define and develop the key metrics for the business on both the strategic (e.g. revenue, market share) and tactical (e.g., A/B tests)
- Build a strategic analytics function that informs strategies to drive business results
- Leverage data to develop insights and actions to drive the Search and Browser businesses
- Setup effective cross-functional mechanisms across engineering, finance, and marketing and develop a robust data-driven culture
- Develop and build a successful team
- Directly lead, mentor, and coach a team of 10+business planners and 20+ vendors
- Develop a culture of data and analytics excellence as the gold standard of the company
- Champion a culture based on data story telling insights and recommendations
- Drive a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability
- 10+ years of relevant experience in business planning, business management or similar roles
- BS/BA degree or equalivant experience MBA preferred but not required
- Exceptional people manager with ability to recruit and retain top talent including developing other people managers to be effective leaders
- Ability to use data in order to structure ambiguous problems to actionable insights and recommendations
- Great EQ and collaborative communication skills across diverse audiences, ability to influence for impact through others, including senior executives
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, matrix environment, deal with ambiguity, and create clarity for people and teams
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.