|Job Type:||Full Time|
Want to lead innovation that positively impacts all Azure customers and billions of cloud transactions in a single day over exabytes of data? Love to build a hypothesis, experiment and generate new ideas that transform businesses & technology? Do you get excited about presenting in large developer conferences and presenting to executive leadership?
Join the engineering team that is the storage foundation for all of Azure! The Azure Storage team delivers Object (Blob) and Data Lake storage to enable developers to build scalable, durable, and highly available cloud applications. The Object Storage Platform PM team is looking for a Senior Program Manager that has experience working in and passion for cloud services and loves the developer persona. The ideal candidate has an engineering background with a good understanding of cloud services, solid understanding of Linux, Java, Node.js and Python in addition to Windows and .Net.
This Program Manager is responsible for working with a cohesive team to together drive the storage business forward including increasing adoption, usage, profitability and customer engagement.
Specific attributes of the role include:
- Help build & enhance a developer & tooling strategy and augment a developer ecosystem for the Azure storageservice
- Help onboard customers and partners onto the platform and delight with customers with responsiveness.
- Represent the Azure storage platform by presenting at public forums and community events
- Help create a successful and rich customer/partner engagement by engaging with a breadth of customers on both technical and business requirements.
- Distill customer, market and business insights into long-term strategies.
- Increase customer and business value by delivery of end-to-end scenarios by partnering with component engineering teams and partner teams and assure alignment with customers needs
- Analyze COGS, profitability, and business value of feature investments including ensuring alignment with key KPIs.
- 4+ years of product management or technical program management experience
- Bachelors degree or higher degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ year equivalent industry experience
- Previous experience with enterprise software development
- Proficient in 2+ programming languages
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.