|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be part of the team building Microsoft Azure? Are you passionate about cloud computing, large scale distributed systems, and working on bleeding edge technology at a massive scale? Are you excited about the opportunity to play a key role in driving tremendous growth in the Azure business?
The Azure Storage team delivers cloud services for Object Storage, File Storage, Block Storage and more. These capabilities form both our public Azure Storage platform, as well as the data foundation of service offerings across Microsoft. You can be part of a strategic team with a Microsoft-wide and industry-wide impact.
We are looking for an energetic, customer-obsessed Senior Program Manager to work directly with our customers and partners to help them design and build solutions using Azure storage. The role also involves working on strategic initiatives to drive sales and technical enablement of Azure Storage. This is an opportunity to work in the engineering team; the candidate can be located anywhere in the USA.
The role involves:
- Managing a broad pipeline of customer relationships at various stages of engagement and proactively driving for success across these accounts
- Meeting with customers, at an early stage to identify their needs, present the right designs, solutions, and help them make decisions around cloud storage
- Helping customers onboard to Azure Storage at a deep technical level and successfully transition production data workloads to Azure
- Being the trusted advisor to our customers for all questions related to Azure Storage
- Gathering feedback, experiences, and requirements from customers to inform our product roadmap
- Being a local engineering team advocate for Azure and Azure Storage. This includes actively participating in the local developer and IT community, user groups, broader conferences, etc.
- Having high visibility and technical depth into partner solutions on top of Azure Storage
- Drive sales and technical enablement with the help of key stakeholder teams inside Microsoft and external partners
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time depending on customer and partner requirements
Success in this role involves growing the Azure Storage business by directly onboarding large customer storage workloads and scaling out to a broad set of customers through the breadth of the Storage partner ecosystem.
This is a technical role:
You must be well versed in either general software design/development skills for cloud-based development of PaaS/SaaS workloads or have deep domain knowledge in the on-premises storage space. To succeed, you should be self-driven and proactive with a demonstrated history of solving customer problems and persistence in the face of challenges. An entrepreneurial sense of ownership and the ability to take the initiative and operate autonomously are key. You must have excellent communication and presentation skills. You must be able to confidently present to and convince customers and partners at all levels of the organization.
- 5+ years of technical experience, preferably in customer-facing roles
- Bachelors degree or higher in computer science or engineering, or 4+ years equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with distributed systems and event-driven architectures
- Experience working with complex cloud storage environments
- Strong coding, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- In-depth knowledge of on-premises storage systems, architecture and deployment
- Customer and partner engagement experience with a demonstrated track record of success
- Self-motivated and proactive – Able to operate independently and true ownership
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.