|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) team delivers a managed Kubernetes service on Azure to make enterprises successful at building, deploying, and managing cloud native applications. More and more, developers want to write code and hand it over to “just run” in the cloud. This trend is becoming more prevalent as customers who have moved to the cloud are looking for infrastructural operators to take on more of the management. The team is responsible for building AKS’ features and experiences, improving its fundamentals like reliability, scale and performance as well as expanding its ecosystem with 1st and 3rd party product partnerships.
We are seeking an experienced technical product/program manager to join the Azure Kubernetes Service team and focus on scale and performance. Customers are bringing more intensive, mission-critical workloads to the platform every day, andwe must continue pushing the boundaries of Kubernetes, AKS, and Azure to meet their needs. You will be at the fore front of the industry helping customers run their workloads at scale and optimize their performance. You will focus on the Azure and AKS infrastructure and have the chance to participate and share with the upstream Kubernetes community.
- Listen and learn from customers and partners.
- Define the product vision for AKS scale and performance.
- Define and track success metrics for the product and the business.
- Prioritize the engineering roadmap in accordance with engineering resource allocation and drive against the commitments.
- Partner closely with Azure Compute, Networking, Storage,and other Azure teams to improve scale and performance.
- Participate in the community by speaking at conferences and meetups in cloud native space and evangelize for AKS and its customers’needs.
- 5+ yearsof experiencein a technical role
- 1+ years of experience with container technologies, including Docker, Kubernetes, or OpenShift
- 3+ years of Program Management or ProductManagement experience
- BA/BS or higher in Computer Science or 4+ years equivalent industry experience
- Experience working with large enterprise customers to design and build systems architectures.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.