|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) team delivers a managed Kubernetes service on Azure to make enterprises successful at building, deploying, and managing cloud native applications. More and more, developers want to write code and hand it over to “just run” in the cloud. This trend is becoming more prevalent as customers who have moved to the cloud are looking for infrastructural operators to take on more of the management. The team is responsible for building AKS’ features and experiences, improving its fundamentals like reliability, scale and performance as well as expanding its ecosystem with 1st and 3rd party product partnerships.
Want to design products that push the boundaries of kubernetes and container technologies? Interested in building and operating innovative microservices/container servicesthat improve theUserExperience ofdevelopersand operators?
We are seeking an experienced product/program manager(PM)to join the Azure Kubernetes Service team and focus onenterprisefeatures and experiences.Kubernetes was originally designed to serve users who would go all in on cloud native practices, but as it expands into enterprisesof all sizes, that isn't always possible, so your job is to find a happy compromise.
As a PM inAKS, you will be responsible for interfacing with internal and external customers, driving the product roadmap and feature backlog, and delivering on a set of business targets including revenue growth and margin improvements.In this role you willfocusonenterprisefeatures,scenariosand use cases and developing innovativefeatures/servicesfor specificsolutionverticals like Gamingor ML and industry verticals like manufacturing or financial services.
You will work with teams from across the company to deliver an industry-leading service for AKS customers.The software and services you deliver will empower developers across the globe to deliver cloud native applications on infrastructure in an open and portable way.
You will also have an opportunity to engage with the Cloud Native OSS community to deliver industry-wide solutions to these challenges where appropriate
- Define the product vision for AKSfeatures and experiences and build near-term product roadmaps based on that vision.
- Work across Microsoft and with partners to execute on the roadmap
- Define and track key performance indicators/success metrics for the product and the business
- Prioritize the engineering roadmap in accordance with engineering resource allocation and drive against the commitments
- Represent the product in meetings with customers and partners
- Partner closely with product marketing and press/analyst relations to ensure that the services are appropriately positioned in the market
- Collaborate withspecific Azure groups like networking, compute,backup, site recovery,portal, storage,dataand developer divisions tocreate next generation enterprise-grade solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical role.
- 1 + years of experience with container technologies, including Docker, Kubernetes, or OpenShift.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or Engineering OR 4 + years equivalent industry experience
- Strong leadership and communication skills, analytical thinking and decision making, customer focus/empathy, and business/strategic acumen.
- 3+ years of experience driving complex cross-organizational projects.
- 3+ years of Program Management or Product Management experience.
- Experience working with enterprise customers to design and build systems architectures.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.