|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform globally with our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions.
Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high energy engineers to help achieve that mission. As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow the ability to deploy new offerings and HW infrastructure on time, in high volume with high quality and lowest cost is of paramount importance. To achieve this goal, the Cloud AI & Advanced Systems Engineering (CAASE) team is instrumental in defining and delivering HW/SW solutions related to Microsoft cloud hardware. In addition to improving the planning process, quality, delivery, scale and sustainability.
The CAASE team is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager for Cloud infrastructure solutions with a track record of coordinating system software development and releases. You will be working with a group of talented engineers to develop, manage and coordinate the delivery of the software components, utilities, and drivers that support our innovative cloud acceleration hardware. This role will focus on understanding internal customer needs and translating them into concrete requirements in the context of Azure’s acceleration solutions (including FPGA). Planning and scheduling of software execution, validation, release, and updates. Tracking feature release roadmaps and reporting the status to the leadership team.
As an experienced program manager, you must have a passion for understanding customer needs and the ability to develop efficient processes and practices that deliver to schedule and with a level of quality that delights our customers and exceed their expectations. This will require candidates to have strong skills in the areas of negotiation, organization and prioritization, communication, documentation and have excellent cross group and cross discipline experience. This is a highly visible position and candidates should be comfortable with presenting to large groups and senior leadership.
#CAASE #CHIE #AHSI
- Understanding internal customer needs and translating them into concrete requirements in the context of Azure’s acceleration solutions (including FPGA)
- Planning and scheduling of software execution, validation, release, and updates
- Tracking a feature release roadmap and reporting the status to the leadership team
- Bachelors required. MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, desired
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Program Manager with 2+ years of Program Management experience in system software/driver development or release or equivalent experience.
- A proven track-record of shipping products and having been through at least one development cycle
- Experience with agile project management methodology
- PMP Certified
- Master’s Degree
- Experience with Cloud Software projects from inception to go live
- Knowledge of test, debug and validation cycles
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, prioritize multiple strategic and tactical options, and drive issues to closure with a high bar on quality
- Experience in management of complex cross-functional, cross-business, cross-disciplinary projects
- Technical savvy. Know how to solve the hard problems, and demonstrate ability to work independently
- SW development experience for storage or networking technologies
- Understanding of System Software, Hardware architecture and tools
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements arerequired for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.