|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (CFP&A) Team within the Central Finance Team (CFT) is responsible for partnering across the company's finance teams to manage financial planning, forecasting, and internal/external reporting processes to drive strategic decisions. Our stakeholders include the Board of Directors, shareholders/Wall Street, Senior Leadership (CEO, CFO, and Executive VPs), Finance Leadership (Division/Engineering Group CFOs and Corporate Controller) and finance teams across the company.
The Core CFP&A Team is looking for a highly motivated, experienced, self-starting Sr. Finance Manager, who is passionate about end to end financial process excellence and utilization of tools to enable successful execution of these processes. This role will collaborate with sales, marketing, services, and engineering finance teams to assess the impact of incorporating new business drivers, business models, key performance indicators, non-financial disclosures, and other financial analysis and reporting requirements into existing and new systems and processes. This role will also partner closely with tool teams across multiple areas of the company to improve the financial planning and analysis experience for our stakeholders. This Sr. Finance Manager will be responsible for managing projects to drive accountability on timelines/deliverables and influencing outcomes that optimize data management, planning, and forecasting to align with business objectives and financial reporting. Examples of specific projects that this role will manage initially include development and implementation of a data stewardship framework, driving process improvements to the FP&A listening system framework, and managing data management and planning projects focused on the Consumer business.
- Gain end to end understanding of financial processes, tools, and data flow
- Understand the roles across finance, accounting, engineering, services, and other organizations that need to be a part of developing end to end business processes
- Act as a process excellence champion to determine automation, centralization, or control enhancement opportunities
- Find process improvements and drive change management where necessary to ensure Finance can influence and drive better business decisions and performance.
- Reduce costs & increase effectiveness by working across organizational boundaries to collaborate & build on the work of others
- Enable better decision making with simplified, standard, repeatable processes and clear measurements of success
- Collaborate with stakeholder groups to define and implement effective data structures and system enhancements
- Develop and execute governance frameworks for implementing new or modifying existing processes and data that anticipates an ever-changing landscape
- Proven ability to project-manage multiple projects seamlessly and effectively.
- BS/BA degree required; MBA and/or related industry experience preferred
- 8+ years of work experience in finance and / or accounting, and 2+ years developing business processes in partnership with internal engineering teams
- Strong familiarity / experience with core Microsoft financial analysis, planning, forecasting, and reporting processes strongly preferred
- Detail oriented & thorough, with the ability to think “big picture”
- Strong written/verbal communications skills; experience in presenting complex solutions across all levels
- Demonstrated strength in process and project management – setting deliverables, formats, calendar, ensuring quality, managing reviews, delivering output
- Ability to drive for results through ownership/execution and continuous passion for improvements
- Strong cross-group collaboration and business partnering skills, including excellent interpersonal skills.
- Conflict / Negotiation management - demonstrated influencing skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects/priorities and reprioritize as necessary to align with current business objectives
- Ability to excel in an ambiguous environment
- Strong Microsoft Office 365 skills preferred (ie: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PowerBI)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.