|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Procurement Systems and Operations team is driving the engine for buying excellence at Microsoft. Our job is to enable people to transact through our systems and processes to buy services and goods from suppliers as quickly and compliantly as possible. We partner across teams to ensure solutions aren’t done in siloes, and are laser focused on transformation of processes and tools to improve the buy experience for our users while generating year over year efficiencies. Things move quickly, and so do we – and we make sure to have fun while delivering impact together.
We are looking for a Release Readiness Project Manager responsible for readiness activities leading up to a successful deployment of Procurement systems and processes. This role will create, manage, and negotiate all release readiness activities from build through deployment, ensuring that projects land successfully (on-time and within budget) and are transitioned to operational teams. The Release Readiness Manager conducts all release milestone reviews, testing, business go/no go reviews, ensures adherence to framework and checklists, informs training/change management, and manages post-implementation review processes to resolve outstanding issues and identify best practices/lessons learned to drive continuous improvement for future releases.
The ideal candidate is a team player who can think strategically while also being able to execute at a tactical level. You must be able to own and drive work independently, but not in isolation.
To be successful in the role, candidate will require strong interpersonal skills, influencing without authority, drive for results, and collaboration in addition to a proven track record in project management and operational excellence.
- Creates, manages, and negotiates all release activities, in partnership with Global Process Owners and engineering teams.
- Maintains the release schedule across key partner teams, ensuring issues are raised appropriately, timely and managed through resolution.
- Ensures all key stakeholders are aware of any changes, reason for change, risks and mitigation plans, and provides clarity on roles and responsibilities.
- Measures and monitors progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and within budget, and they meet or exceed expectations.
- Coordinates release content, creates and communicates all key project plans, commitments and changes including requirements, quality assurance plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Ensures all release, configuration, and change management documentation is in order.
- Conducts release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and business go/no-go reviews.
- Leads Go-live activities including execution of deployment plans and checklists.
- Ensure identified bugs have corresponding action plan to address, and ensures completeness, accuracy and reasonableness of rollout plans. The rollout plan includes: “day of” launch plan, build and test plan, contingency plan, communications plan and contact information.
- Create and maintain release repository of historical documentation on tool/process changes, capture all ‘to-be’ documentation, build and release procedures, dependencies, notification lists. Manages inventory of training, KB, and other process-related materials to support release readiness and change management activities.
- Manage post-implementation review process (postmortem): identify results that did not meet the plan and causes, define action items to resolve outstanding issues, identify best practices and lessons learned for future releases.
- Manages relationships and coordinates work between different teams at different locations and in different time zones.
- Drives continuous improvement in the release process.
- BS/BA in business or related field of study
- Five years’ experience in project management and operations
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, proactively managing tight deadlines in an organized manner
- Ability to be process oriented, paying close attention to detail without losing site of the overarching strategic goals
- High level of enthusiasm, confidence, adaptability, self-motivation, and resourcefulness
- Strong team player, contributor, and thrives in cross-team environments
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint