Last updated 2 days ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
As Manager, Partner Development you will set the direction for how we develop partners globally. To align partners with our strategic solution areas, we must equip them with tools, enablement, and content their teams need to succeed!
Using your channel experience, you will lead a team of development and project managers to identify partner needs and share partner feedback throughout the company. As partner needs are identified, the team will prioritize project roadmaps and drive action plans to accelerate business growth.
Responsibilities include ongoing development programs such as annual partner events strategy, partner advisory councils, and experience surveys. Your team will also drive projects that support ideal role-based experiences and improve partner engagement with Atlassian. This is a highly cross-functional role working closely with the global channel, sales, enablement, marketing, solutions engineering, services, product, and sales operations organizations across Atlassian.
More about you
You have experience managing teams directly and cross-functionally. Using quantitative and qualitative inputs to prioritize team resources and get support comes naturally. You get things done quickly while building outstanding experiences for partners.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 7 years of related channel programs, channel management, or customer success experience.
- Experience with channel infrastructure, tools, business processes, content, and communication strategies needed to boost efficiency for users.
- A strong understanding of Channel Partner business models and what roles Partners can play to help solution, sell, service software products.
- The ability to plan and design go to market efforts for external Channel Partners using requirements and benefits to motivate behavior.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: written and verbal, in-person and remote. Ability building strong partnerships at all levels of the company, and skills in listening, influencing, and coordinating.
- Experience putting together business plans to support program decisions as well as defining and managing processes, projects, and programs in a highly organized and analytical way.
- A track record of success growing channel business, but also are open to learning how to be successful in Atlassian’s unique business model.
More about our team
This position reports to the Head of Channel Programs and works closely with teams and leadership across Atlassian. The Channel team is a fun and high-energy group tasked to recruit, activate, and go-to-market with partners (Solution Partners, Integrators, Aggregators, Services Partners, Technology Partners & Resellers) representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. Working with over 600 global channel partners we must ensure our programs support a variety of businesses. We are a critical part of Atlassian's broader field operations group, which has a unique approach to delivering value to our customers.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.