Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
What You’ll Do
- Working with Data Scientists and Data Engineers, use analysis and expertise in to promote generation and consumption of data for various business initiatives on next-generation data platforms.
How You’ll Do It
- Provide leadership to create and enhance data solutions, supporting seamless integration and flow of data across the data ecosystem, while enabling the Data Scientist to intelligently consume data, resulting in business value.
- Provide senior-level data/technical consulting to peer data analysts during data application design and mentor Data Scientists in data consumption.
- Provide technical consulting on data composition and use to data engineering when creating or enhancing data ingestion or processing frameworks.
- Serve as a bridge between Data Scientist and Data Engineering to enable data application development. Understand at a fundamental level Discover’s data ingestion and processing frameworks.
- Coordinate and obtain data application requirements from Data Scientists and other operational teams. Design transformation logic in source to targets to be implemented by partner Data Engineers.
- Assist Data Scientists and Data Engineers throughout the development and testing processes, coordinating data application/model deployments and validations between Data Engineering and Data Scientists.
- Utilize deep knowledge of in-house data to assist Data Scientists in developing models, analytic processes, and reports to drive business value. Provide guidance to Data Scientists in creating efficient and fast performing data consumption processes.
- Provide support for deployed data applications and analytical models by being a trusted adviser to Data Scientists and other data consumers by identifying data problems and guiding issue resolution with partner Data Engineers.
- Ensure proper data governance policies are followed by implementing or validating data lineage, quality checks, classification, etc.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in data analysis, business analysis, data application programming, ETL development, migrating to next-generation database, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in data analysis, business analysis, data application programming, ETL development, migrating to next-generation database, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- 2+ years of experience in Cloud
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.