Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover is seeking a Project Leader for its internal (Special Operations) Lean and Consulting teams. We want someone with a unique blend of real-world experience and theory, who blurs the line between strategy and execution, and has an unmistakable passion for bringing market-leading ideas to fruition.
This role will be responsible for providing strategic and tactical direction for operational activities to service the business. He/she ensures efficient and compliant servicing operations while ensuring world-class customer experience.
As a Project Leader, you will work as a core member of our interdisciplinary teams and will be expected to quickly contribute as a project leader and trusted advisor to our senior leaders. You will orchestrate and deliver viable solutions for our businesses to adopt by translating strategies into action, delivering significant ROI, reducing risk, and achieving enterprise-wide strategic objectives. As part of a typical day, you will guide business stakeholders to spearhead breakthrough improvements and partner with key support functions such as Finance, HR, and Compliance during implementation. You will also develop relationships with our businesses (e.g., Consumer Banking, Credit Cards) to identify ongoing challenges and new project opportunities.
- Responsible and accountable for the planning and execution of the most complex and impactful projects, with a targeted minimum first-year ROI of $1M. Collaborates with business partners on process enhancements, communicates operational implications, and suggests alternatives that may achieve the same objectives but with more favorable impact to operations (e.g., lower cost, less complexity), commits to approaches selected by leadership and leads the implementation.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes activities that support business partner initiatives across the organization and ensures operations expectations for timeliness, quality, and efficiency are delivered in conjunction with internal and external parties.
- Manages relationships with business partners and management of system-related projects from idea to implementation. Manage communications and relationships with the company’s most influential leaders to understand customer and business needs, conduct current-state analysis, explore uncommon approaches, mitigate risk, and deliver sustainable solutions
- Ensures that sound operational processes and procedures are developed and documented. Continuously improve the team’s internal efficiency and effectiveness to set the company standard by identifying opportunities, generating creative solutions, and supporting the team’s balanced OKRs
- Maintain partnerships with business units after project transition to facilitate execution of implementation plans and ensure solutions are maintained by the process owners. Actively monitors servicing quality levels, communicates opportunities for improvement, and collaborates with operations to improve service levels.
- Development of the project pipeline by partnering with stakeholders to identify project opportunities across the firm
- Develops any necessary remediation plans and ensures their timely completion.
- Serves as the primary liaison between business partners and operations teams for servicing processes.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Arts and Sciences, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Customer Service or Financial Services Operations
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in applicable line of business (Deposits, Personal Loans, Student Loans), or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Business, Arts and Sciences, or related field
- 3+ years of experience as a Project Leader (Financial Services, Management Consulting or Entrepreneurial industries is a plus)
- Outstanding communication and attention to detail while helping senior leaders make difficult and innovative decisions
- Comfortable with ambiguity and taking ownership, and able to define your own role
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification (ASQ preferred)
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMI preferred)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.