|Job Type:||Full Time|
TE Connectivity’s Product Development/Sustaining Engineering Teams develop new products and technologies incorporating Lean Enterprise Advanced Projects ( LEAP) methodology from information or input provided by marketing, customers, Operation Teams, Development Engineers or other employees. They plan and execute new product development and enhance existing products through technology road mapping and process improvement for new applications consistent with manufacturing techniques and market needs. They also initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, and cost (VAVE), and implement product extensions to existing platform products to meet specific customer requirements. This professional will keep product performance and documentation of products already in production, product extension development activities, savings initiatives projects and take over new product releases into manufacturing lines. They are the key experts in the products they are responsible for at TE.
- 7+ years of proven experience (terminals and connectors development a plus)
- Good design knowledge
- Proved experience with industrial specification (such as USCAR, SAE, and others)
- Actively lead & contribute to LEAP and New Product Development activities
- Develop enhancements to existing product lines
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment
- Drives results primarily through collaboration and influence, not through direct reporting relationships
- Collaborates with other colleagues, peers and customers
- Interacts and/or negotiates effectively with external and/or internal customers at all levels
- Provides training and mentorship to other professional employees
- Demonstrates expertise within a specific professional discipline by integrating theory and principles with organizational practices and precedents into work
- Develops solutions to complex problems which require high degree of ingenuity and innovation
- Adapts precedents and traditional approaches to develop solutions
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years hands-on manufacturing experience in a related field
- Experience in Fiber optic systems and design
- Background in Oil & Gas exploration and production preferred
- Able to deliver quality results without appreciable direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others of diverse backgrounds.
- Willingness to shift priorities as business pressures demand.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including MS Project (word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficient in 3D CAD/CAE software (CREO or SolidWorks Preferred)