|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Security Risk and Trust team’s mission is to strengthen Okta’s position as the leading Identity-as-a-Service solution through proactively identifying and resolving risks to our employees, our product, and most importantly, our customers. With the ever-increasing pace of cloud application adoption, companies are struggling to find ways to accurately assess risk and act at the speed of their business.
The Director, Security Compliance is a key member of the Okta Security Risk & Trust leadership team. This position is directly responsible for security compliance at Okta.
This position requires a leader with strong collaboration skills, detailed working knowledge of security and compliance practices, and familiarity in leading a dynamic and remote team in effectively managing security programs for a complex business environment. This position reports to the Senior Director of Risk & Trust.
This position may be located anywhere in the USA.
- Develop a vision and strategy for security compliance which includes measurable goals, objectives and metrics.
- Lead the security compliance program in line with best practices and leading industry standards.
- Liaison with external auditors and other internal teams to support certification audits.
- Communicate findings with control owners, support remediation/mitigation discussions to ensure solutions address the finding, and validate remediation/mitigation when completed.
- Find practical solutions to standardize and scale compliance functions, including developing a common controls framework to achieve and maintain compliance with frameworks such as AICPA SOC2, ISO/IEC standards, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, FedRAMP and others.
- Identify future standards and regulations that will impact our customers. Create roadmaps to achieve and maintain compliance.
- Review and determine effectiveness of internal controls to meet government regulations, company policies, and procedures.
- Provide assurance of the operational effectiveness of our compliance controls.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external auditors throughout compliance assessments.
- Be the subject matter expert of relevant Security Compliance frameworks and provide guidance to teams according.
- Successful track record growing teams including hiring, coaching and grooming future leaders
- Experience with building out and managing information security functions
- Technical background, Security Compliance at Okta is a very technically savvy group
- Strong background working with both US based and international compliance frameworks
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer