|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Looking to join an exciting industry and organization that is at the forefront of the next Tech industry transformation? The transformation that is occurring within the tech industry is being accelerated by the maturity and rapid adoption of cloud computing. This rapid adoption across organizations is changing the needs and expectations of customers in the partnership with their vendors. Industry after industry is becoming technology-driven as software rapidly eats the world. As it spreads, so do complexity and opportunity. The next-generation tech industry is where suppliers play an active, ongoing role in helping business customers achieve unparalleled value from their technology investments. This expectation will require Microsoft to re-assess how it thinks about services and how to support these customers through the customer life-cycle that is focused on customer outcomes. The vision of the Customer Support Services (CSS) organization is about being relentless in the pursuit of truly exceptional customer experiences. We aspire to deliver to, "Deliver a customer experience that is perfect every time; an experience that is easy, insightful, and trusted." Perfect does not mean being perfect; rather it means that we will take risks when it is the right thing to do for our customers and our business. CSS will be unwavering in advocating for our customers, contribute deep insights to the customer lifecycle, and act as a trusted advisor improving product and service experiences across Microsoft.
We are seeking to build out the team of next generation Support Engineers in this big tech transformation. This requires an engineer who is relentlessly customer-centric, a problem-solver, strong collaborator, and risk-taker that embraces that challenger mindset. We’re looking for someone who embodies customer obsession and empathy. Someone who is adept at getting to the root of the issue, regardless of where the code base resides.
If you enjoy using technology creatively, overcoming complex technical challenges, and working as part of a team with some of the best people in the industry, then CSS is the place for you. Come join an organization that supports work-life balance, personal & professional development, and diversity.
This organization is built around 6 Core Values that drive our every decision, and our every action.
Customer Obsession & Empathy - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and constant drive to make our customer’s experiences easy, insightful and trusted - every single time without exception.
Seamless Support without Borders - guide our customer’s support experience regardless of what issues they run into. We look at our role as guides and gateways into the overall Microsoft team.
Create Fun & a Little Geekiness - support individualism and as an engineering organization we must celebrate our wins and have fun doing it.
Continuous learning Mindset - value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are ready to do different things to accomplish great things.
Do Work that Matters - focus on customer outcomes and what is right for the customer despite organizational constraints.
Lean in & Respectfully Challenge - passive participants need not apply. We need team members who are always asking ‘why’ and ‘how can we make it better’. Status quo means very little in our team. This industry doesn’t respect tradition, it only respects innovation.
Specifically, CSS seeks qualified professionals who:
Enjoy providing the highest level of customer service,
Seek a challenging work experience,
Want to learn and gain greater expertise in their field,
Enjoy working at a growth company with lots of advancement opportunities
You will be accountable for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our Enterprise customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage your investigation over the phone and Web.
- Be available to take on new customer issues daily.
- Provide support to Enterprise customers, partners, and other engineers.
- Collaborate with SMEs, PGs and other teams to solve customer’s problems
- Investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
- Keep your customers informed.
- Ensure that you provide the highest possible customer satisfaction by setting the right expectations and fulfilling your commitments.
- Document your technical work and research in a detailed and comprehensive manner.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer’s satisfaction, identifying and correcting concerns before they become problems.
- Participate in on call rotation, weekend coverage when needed.
- 5+ years of strong Technical Support experience solving complex issues (IT Support / Production Support / Network Operations / NOC / IT Administrator etc.)
- Domain expertise: Enterprise Backup & Recovery systems / DPM/ Other Enterprise Backup & Recovery Solutions OR strong expertise on working and troubleshooting Windows/Azure/Linux VMs related issues.
- Experience with Azure Backup, Azure Site Recovery, On-Prem Backup and restore, Virtualization, VMWare, Networking, Infrastructure
- 2+ years' experience in network operations, technical support or I.T. consulting
- Experience with Power Shell or Python or similar scripting languages
- 2+ year’s industry experience with Microsoft® Windows operating systems both current and legacy (preferred) and System Center Suite
- Working knowledge of System Center Data Protection Manager, or other Backup solutions in the industry
- Strong knowledge of Windows / Linux / UNIX
- Exposure and experience working with customers on Microsoft Cloud products such as Azure and Office 365 MCSE - Windows Server.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Azure Admin Certificate is a plus
- Backup domain related certificate is a plus
- Linux certificate is a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.