|Location:||San Diego, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft Azure’s vision to be “The World’s Computer”. CHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform globally with our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions.
We are the Azure Memory & Storage Center of Excellence (AMS COE) team, as part of the Cloud Hardware Experience Engineering (CHEE) organization under CHIE, focusing on Memory (DRAM and its replacement) and Disk Storage (SSD and HDD) as building blocks, supporting a secure, reliable, and most trusted cloud experience to customers and partners worldwide.
We are looking for passionate, high energy engineers to join the team and help us achieve that mission.
In this role as a Senior Technical Hardware Engineering Program Manager, you will collaborate with different organizations in CHEE and CHIE, and across Azure to ensure a secure, reliable, and most trusted Cloud Hardware Infrastructure platform from Memory and Storage point of view, including all aspects of HW and FW.
At Microsoft, we immensely value culture, mentorship, and acting as One Team. This is an opportunity to leverage your technical expertise and grow your existing project/program management experience in an innovative and highly collaborative environment where the results of your work will matter to Microsoft and Microsoft’s customers.
- Be responsible for program managing HW/FW aspects of Memory and Storage building blocks to ensure security and reliability.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams for sustaining engineering of Azure fleet health.
- Fleet data visualization in Power BI or other platforms
- Engaged with Memory and Storage product vendors for technical exchanges and product offerings.
- MS in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years of experience in product development and sustaining, preferably Storage and Memory product development/sustaining.
- Deep knowledge in Memory (DRAM and its replacement) and Storage technologies (SSD and HDD), including HW and FW.
- Detail-oriented, and data analytics skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, innovative, and can inspire, motivate, and lead cross functional teams.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Experience with high complexity HW/FW program development.
- Experience in Kusto query and Power BI data visualization
- Experience with Microsoft DevOps and dashboard
- Experience working with Enterprise Class Memory and Storage products from multiple vendors in development and sustaining.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.