|Job Type:||Full Time|
TE Connectivity (TE) Global Logistics, Americas has an opportunity for a Shipper / Receiver I. The Shipper / Receiver performs all functions associated with material movement through the Distribution Center, including material handling, paperwork and recordkeeping. Operates powered order pickers, forklifts, turret trucks, electric/manual pallet jacks, stretch wrapping machine, laser scanners, etc. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs. Follows all DC procedures and demonstrates an understanding of DC standards and goals to achieve total Customer Satisfaction. Performs all functions accurately and in a timely manner and safely using all required PPE. Responsible for knowing and confirming to the TE Connectivity Quality Policy.
What your background should look like:
RECEIVING 1B – 7:00am to 3:30pm
- Loads and unloads trucks and interfaces with common carriers and interplant trucking using fork lift, hand jack or electric pallet jack. 15%
- Signs bill of ladings for incoming shipments and process IBL, packing lists for receipts from vendors. 5%
- Checks incoming product against documentation to verify accuracy, sorts products and prepares it for receiving and put-away. 10%
- Receive product into SAP using RF guns or computer. 50%
- Put product away in available space by proper area/zone using standup fork lifts, pallet jacks and RF guns. 15%
- Document damaged goods or receipt discrepancies into SAP and move product to appropriate area. 5%
- Picks products for customer orders, manufacturing orders and sample requests using truck mount or RF guns, order pickers, turret trucks and manual or electric pallet jack. 45%
- Performs other duties, such as carton or pallet put-away,bin location audits, unit load and carton transfers. 45%
- Weigh or hand counts quantities needed to fill customer orders, manufacturing orders and sample requests. 10%
- Note: this function will require driving equipment and at times going approximately 30 feet in the air.
- Performs packing function in SAP by utilizing a computer with barcode scanner. 50%
- Performs special packaging, prints and applies special labeling as required by each customer 107 specifications. 20%
- Palletizes orders per customer 107 specification requirements. 5%
- Performs label verification process to assure accuracy of labeling. 20%
- Recognizes hazardous/flammable material and prepares for shipment per established procedures.
- Prepares cartons and pallet loads for shipment by attaching proper shipment documentation and stages in appropriate area utilizing hand jack or stand up fork lift. 5%
- Note: this function requires maneuvering through screens in a computer to perform duties.
- Prepares unit load shipments with stretch wrap using auto wrappers, standup fork lifts or hand pallet jacks and stages in appropriate area. 75%
- Generates manifests and bill of ladings for each shipment checking against actual carton and pallet count in staging area. 10%
- Contacts common carriers to arrange pick up for shipments. 5%
- Loads trucks using stand up forklift and manual or electric pallet jack. 10%
- Manages recycling of wooden pallets and disposal of damaged pallets.
- Responsible for housekeeping and maintaining his/her work station clean.
- Performs any related warehouse duties as directed such as trash removal, cart distribution, etc.
- Understands, follows and participates in all safety, security and emergency procedures
- Submits suggestions to enhance performance through individual or team efforts.
- Determines if product is damaged and require QA audit or repacking.
- Presents any discrepancies to Shift Foreperson.
High School/G.E.D. education and 1 year of relevant experience as determined by the Supervisor, DC Operations.