|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is your chance to impact the future of computing by contributing to the tools and technologies underpinning Azure's accelerated computing platform. Our team's innovative solutions are used to build and optimize the hardware accelerators that power some of Microsoft’s most important and strategic projects in the cloud. Our collaborative and inclusive team is looking for C++ engineers and researchers with a passion for low-level, performance minded coding and experience in, or an interest in learning about, hardware design. Day to day tasks may include performance analysis, software optimization, and writing new software tools.
As part of the AI and Advanced Architecture team, you would join a cross-discipline team of highly capable and motivated people in the Azure Hardware Systems Group. This unique team is tasked with inventing and deploying innovative hardware IP, tooling and architectures that differentiate the Azure ecosystem, deliver strategic impact to Microsoft, and democratize hardware development to empower our customers to benefit from acceleration as well. Our work spans the stack from silicon to solutions, and across domains including deep learning, storage, and networking. Our team's building blocks are used by a fast-growing number of Microsoft engineering groups and customers to make large intelligent systems feasible, efficient, performant, and cost-effective. This is your chance to work on the future of computing.
Software engineering and design in C/C++, Python, and other languages.
- B.S, M.S. or higher preferably in computer engineering, computer science, or related fields or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years' experience with C/C++ programming
- Advanced degree or related experience in computer engineering, computer science, or related fields
- Strong intellectual curiosity and passion about learning new technologies
- Knowledgeable in linear algebra, computer arithmetic, processor and accelerator architecture, or compiler design
- Knowledgeable in distributed, parallel or large-scale execution
- Exposure to Deep Neural Network training and inference and experience in one or more deep learning frameworks (PyTorch, ONNX, Tensorflow, etc)
- Strong communication skills and the desire to collaborate in a team of engineers
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.