|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you thrive when learning and working on new technologies? Do you have a passion for working closely with customers to solve their biggest challenges?
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team is a global engineering organization that works directly with customers looking to leverage the latest technologies to address their toughest challenges. We work closely with our customers’ engineers to develop code to jointly solve their biggest challenges to accelerate progress in their organization. We work in collaboration with Microsoft product teams, partners and open source communities—to empower our customers to do more with the cloud. We pride ourselves on making contributions to open source and make our platforms easier to adopt.
We develop solutions side-by-side with our customers through collaborative innovation to solve their challenges. This work involves the development of broadly applicable, high-impact solution patterns or open source software assets that contribute to the Microsoft platform. Important to this role, you will be enabling developers on your team to apply their skills, creativity and aspirations to the benefit of the customers and advance their careers.
This role is specifically on a team that works closely with Healthcare customers, making a positive impact on the experience for medical providers, patient and insurance providers alike.
- Design and development of solutions that enable customers to adopt Azure, working in collaboration with the team
- Follow and practice engineering fundamentals. Here’s a playbook that talks through some of these.
- Take part in creating an inclusive environment
- Set examples for good engineering practices and coding for our customers
- Sharing knowledge to make communities, customers and partners successful on Microsoft platforms.
- At least 2 years experience developing and running production systems and/or software
- We do not believe that any specific education major is a requirement to be successful in this role. We are open to all backgrounds and are looking for candidates with demonstrated ability to deliver on the responsibilities below. In that spirit, we hire individuals that do not meet every criterion on a checklist but are a match in passion, experience, and collaborative nature.
- Thrive with change: We are striving to build a diverse team utilizing a wide range of technologies while working with a global customer base. What we work on this quarter will not necessarily be the same as last quarter and that is one of the things we love about our team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor Degree in Science, Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience.
At Microsoft we are seeking people who have a passion for the positive impact technology can have on the communities and for making a difference in the world. Within CSE, we have an informal and flexible work environment to empower you to get your job done. We invest in your health, wellness and financial future by offering a competitive package including a wide range of benefits built around your personal needs and those close to you.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.