|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in driving the technical skilling & certification fora strategic and growing part of Microsoft’s Azure solution area: Data & AI? The Technical Content Development team within Microsoft Worldwide Learning (WWL) is hiring for a new roleto help develop and drive the technical skilling & certification strategy for customers, partners, employees, and future generations. The ideal candidate will have significant Azure industry knowledge, an understanding of the training & certification market, strong product or portfolio management skills, excellent cross-organization collaboration skills,and solid executive presence.
Microsoft Worldwide Learning’s mission is to build worldclass capability for customers, partners, employees and future generations, enabling them to develop, grow, and achieve success professionally. Within WWL, the Technical Content Development team’s mission is to help IT professionals, developers, and consumers build their technical skills and advance their careersthrough technical training that helps learners prepare for Microsoft Fundamentals and Advanced Role-Based certification exams. We buildblended learning experiences that include Instructor Led Training (ILT), supported by interactive experiences and online training.
We are a dynamic team of skilled and experienced content development, learning, and content portfolio management professionals, with a high-energy, diverse & inclusive, and iteration-driven culture, grounded in real customer and field needs.If this sounds of interest, we’d love to learn more about your energy, passion, skills, and ideas!
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategy: Nurture the vision and roadmap for Microsoft’s Business Applications technical skilling curriculum and certification portfolio, using a data-informed, collaborative and customer-obsessed approach to evolve the portfolio
- Stakeholder Alignment: Drive the cross-organization skilling rhythm of business bringing Business Applications BG, STU, CSU, OCP, Engineering, and WWL stakeholders and executives together to prioritize, align and determine the technical training & certification portfolios and skilling programs for customers, partners, employees, and future generations
- Employee Skilling Plan Development: Partner with Business Applications Segment stakeholders and the WWL Technical Skilling and Professional Skilling teams to develop and gain executive sign-off on the annual technical and professional employee skilling plans for Business Applications-related roles in Worldwide Commercial Business
- Customer/Partner Skilling Plan Development: Partner with the Central Marketing Group and BG stakeholder groups to ensure alignment on the Business ApplicationsVirtual Training Day portfolio; Partner with Microsoft Event and BG stakeholder groups to ensure alignment in Business Applications skilling content plans for customer events such as Ignite and Build, and partner skilling workshops; Partner with the WWL GTM team to help influence and inform portfolio GTM strategy, communications and activities
- Reporting & Analysis: Report out regularly on portfolio performance and roadmap; define and leverage insights, KPIs and other data to effectively prioritize responses to customer feedback; and use KPIs and other data to make the appropriate tradeoffs to optimize investment for content areas across the portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of business experience in disciplines such as learning & development, sales readiness, product or program management. Regardless of your background, you should have the following skills:
- 2+ years of experience in technical training & certification development, creation and/or management?
- Experience in technical training & certification development, creation and/or management.
- Able to handle high-level, complex, ambiguous, and time-critical deadlines and deliverables across a broad range of topics.
- Strong interpersonal skills, cross-boundary collaboration skills, ability to lead with empathy, and demonstrate open and honest feedback and interactions.
- Able to simplify complex ideas into easy to understand concepts for communications with colleagues and executives at all levels.
- Able to rapidly gain/build trust and confidence of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven project management skillsand ability to manage risk.
- Deep understanding of Data (data trends, content analysis, funnel trends) and fluency using Excel and other data reporting tools such as Power BI
- High personal accountability for self and others, with exceptional attention to detail.
- A willingness to be agile, a motivated self-starter, and a passion to constantly learn and improve.
- Experience working in a global, matrixed organization and working with cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional Adaptability, Collaboration, Trusted Advisor, Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Influencing for Impact, and Judgment core competencies.
- Competency in the following: Executive Maturity, Planning, Organizing, and Executing.
- Works with high degree of Respect, Accountability, and Integrity.
- Experience using Universal Design for Learning standards to help make learning experiences more inclusive to audiences with diverse backgrounds and learning styles
- Experience with Agile developmentmethodology and the use of Azure DevOps
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (10-20%, when business travel resumes).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.