|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure IoT marketing team has the mission to win the intelligent edge with the largest and fastest growing ecosystem. IoT is becoming more pervasive as more and more devices are being connected to the cloud via the internet to monitor, analyze, and act. There is an enormous market opportunity for Azure to gain share and thought leadership against intense competitive pressure to win key industry verticals. This role will develop and execute the strategy for how we go-to-market (GTM) with our Azure IoT platform and in strategic must-win verticals that Microsoft has identified as prioritized industries. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an experienced marketer to be embedded in Microsoft’s Azure IoT team. With an industry leading Azure IoT product portfolio and services, Microsoft is uniquely positioned to lead and expand this market with you as the driver of our verticalization marketing strategy. We are looking for a product marketing leader who thrives on bringing marketing vision and structure to deliver innovative products and solutions to market and grow our business.
Our team delivers on unlocking product truth, identifying key personas and market segments, creating strong marketing strategy and worldwide GTM plans on an incubate business with highly visibility that will require working closely with engineering, content SMEs, area PMMs, account teams, technology specialist teams and partners to define, deliver, and streamline product content, marketing, and communications. The ideal candidate will be a high impact, high energy marketing professional and will be responsible for growing Azure Consumed Revenue (ACR) from partners and customers in key markets. The candidate will drive the product end-to-end GTM strategy utilizing skills such as market and opportunity analysis, business models, partner marketing and development of compelling business value proposition around Azure IoT. Additionally, an ideal candidate will have strong experience in product strategy and demonstrated experience in structuring marketing plans, product planning, and content development. You should be comfortable in a start-up environment, ready to take on multiple responsibilities, and energized at achieving ambitious goals. Strong understanding of cloud technology, outstanding communication skills, and bias for action are critical for success in this role.
- Understand Azure IoT customer, competitive products, and market trends to drive strategic marketing development and planning for key Azure IoT products
- Own, develop and drive end-to-end journey of all go-to-market activities and programs for Azure IoT products and grow our thriving partner ecosystem (inclusive of: blogs, presentation decks, demos, whitepapers, webcasts/videos, customer evidence and marketing campaign assets)
- Collaborate deeply across multiple teams and disciplines to ensure coordinated marketing strategies across multiple divisions and communicate effectively to gain buy-in from leadership including Global Black Belts/Sellers/Partners/Industry stakeholders to drive consumption on Azure
- Identify key customer scenarios, determine product value, optimize channel, and prioritize areas of investment for stakeholder teams to accelerate demand
- Serve as an evangelist and subject matter expert to customers, partners, sellers, and analysts, regularly presenting to audiences large and small
- Lead field enablement trainings for sellers and scale out tools for adoption by field and partners
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing, B2B sales, or technology marketing roles preferred
- Success in this role will be defined by delivering impact on our increase in market share through both in new partner and customer acquisition as well as growth in product awareness and services.
- Experience in a B2B marketing role focused on running marketing campaigns, programs and messaging that will improve our reach and scale in key markets
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Excellent oral and written communications abilities, and strong interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with technical and business leaders
- Ability to influence without authority for win-win results, and the ability to work as part of a virtual team
- Proven track record for delivering timely, quality and customer focused results.
- MBA or equivalent degree required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.