|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking to be at the cutting edge of technology that can change the world? We are looking for a full stack ML developer that will work with a team of researchers to productize cutting edge research in ML, systems, robotics, and other fields. The candidate will own the end-to-end architecture, design development of the system.
The candidate should be an experienced full stack ML developer with experience in production cloud services using databases, machine learning, containers, etc. The candidate should also have experience with shipping reliable cloud services, and experience using tools, such as Databricks and Apache Spark.
Our team, the Azure Global Research Team, is relatively new. We are a small group of researchers who specialize in various domains, and a few seasoned developers. We invent new technologies, such as in FarmBeats, publish the research, work with industry on initial validation, and work with engineering teams to commercialize these technologies.
We are looking for a researcher who is passionate about quick prototyping of code to showcase the feasibility of cutting edge research. The candidate should have the breadth, and willingness to pick up on new areas, work with experts in different fields, architect a system that spans devices and the cloud, and demonstrate the feasibility in the real world. This will be a fast paced role, with lots of learning and exposure.
- 8+ years of Software Engineering experience shipping customer facing products OR a PhD with Machine Learning and/or AI expertise.
- Experience developing scalable applications using Databricks, Apache Spark, or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience working with Cloud technologies (Azure/AWS/Google Cloud, etc..)
- PhD preferred
- Ability to work and communicate effectively across disciplines and teams
- Familiarity with Python or Scala and/or machine learning libraries.
- Familiarity with PyTorch/TensorFlow/CNTK
- Image and video processing experience preferred
- Experience with ML/AI/Hardware integration, and IoT Edge is a plus
- Proven ability driving sound architecture, clean design, and highly scalable implementations.
- Research experience, published papers in research conferences.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.