|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of the Microsoft cloud solutions and services, to support our mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As a global leader on the corporate team with a perspective across the Microsoft Azure portfolio, you’ll be critical to design, evolve, build and land strategic programs in one of the most exciting competitive landscapes in the market.
The Azure Applications & Infrastructure Solutions Group is responsible for leading the global sales planning, strategy, landing as well as execution and global programs to achieve and accelerate our revenue goals. Our organization engages across Microsoft from Product, Engineering and Marketing, to our globally diverse sales teams - leading the envisioning of new opportunities and products with customers, helping our customers move into a cloud first world, and engaging sellers to create the technical and business elements in their path to the cloud. We pride ourselves on spending time investing in our team as we are a large global community. Specifically, we invest heavily in culture-in-action where we make it an ongoing practice of empowerment, empathy, listening, learning.
The new leader of the Americas Time Zone will report directly to the VP for Microsoft's Apps & Infrastructure Solution Area, with dotted line accountability to the Microsoft Field Leadership in the US, Canada and Latam. The Time Zone lead will act as a geo-based extension of the corporate teams helping to align and evolve global strategies with local market realities. In addition, The Time Zone lead is responsible for developing current and future talent to ensure we have the people resource and capacity to achieve our long-term growth plans. The Americas Time Zone lead is also accountable for successful short term local business execution and performance and will utilize and reinforce existing sales operations processes, systems and communications to effectively manage the business. The Time Zone lead will be responsible for our most experienced emerging cloud specialists (the Global Black Belts) across the Area’s biggest and most strategic deals. The Time Zone lead will be the senior most face of the Microsoft Intelligent Cloud Business across the region and will be the sales/business leader for the Americas.
- Partnering w/ Time Zone, Area, Country, and Corporate leadership to ensure strong business performance.
- Drive sales execution and large deal velocity in partnership with local sales teams.
- Provide needed leadership across the business to ensure strong local execution and performance.
- Building long range strategic plans specific for the countries in the Geo. This will be achieved by identifying key business growth levers and investments needed and evolving the Segment and Sectors strategies for local market realities.
- Develop geo expansion planning, implementation, and execution.
- Build correction of error or get well plans in areas that are not performing.
- Shephard customer/Partner Satisfaction - drive customer and partner satisfaction by understanding, interpreting, and responding to customer/partner and market realities.
- Grow Share and Compete - ensure geo teams are focused and proactive in growing our share in the marketplace faster than our key competitors.
- Hire, Retain, and Develop Great Talent - Bring strong “Model, Coach, & Care” approach to leading across a large team and be able to lead leaders (GBB Managers) in their ability to model, coach and care for their teams.
- Leading People and Developing Cultures: Passionate about leading people and building cultures centered on accountability and empathy. Building organizations that are nimble, welcome innovation and risk, celebrate success, and is known for building bridges. Should have 10+ years’ experience leading people and managers.
- Delivering customer & partner value and execution excellence: A proven leader that thrives in complexity, works across a diverse group of stakeholders to delivers results.
- Sales Leadership and Execution and Operational Excellence: Strong cloud platform sales organization leadership experience managing across several different solution areas, customer segments, with a broad and diverse team.
- Emerging Business Strategy: Defining the strategy and path for emerging business, integration of industry, sales plays, etc.
- Field leadership: Influencing field leadership on emerging businesses and Apps & Infrastructure.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Team Leadership: Lead a team of Microsoft employees plus supporting vendors and be accountable for productivity and impact.
- Bring Cloud technical acumen at a leadership level, specifically being able to speak to customers and external audiences (Azure speaker at events) as well as with the sales teams with a level of credibility and understanding of how customer requirements align with technical solutions
- Have demonstrated excellent business judgment and results and can work across multiple disciplines including technical sales, marketing, finance and strategic planning to execute success and build strategies for the future of the organization.
- Be a strategic and creative thinker who can see “the big picture” and unite new and disparate ideas with practical plans, working comfortably in the face of ambiguity and in a matrixed enterprise organization.
- Possess the ability to build positive executive relationships, with the ability to influence at the highest levels of the organization, across both Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB) and Global Sales Marketing & Operations (GSMO) senior leadership teams.
- Have a proven ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed organizations that demands a high degree of cooperation, flexibility, teaming, cross group and real-time responsiveness.
- Have a passion in leading multi-cultural organizations, building organization identity and empathy across a diverse organization
Travel and Re-location
Ability to travel (10-50% travel required-including international). No travel required during COVID remote work period.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.