|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft continues to expand its efforts in artificial intelligence with a focus on building an Intelligent Cloud and Intelligent Edge. The Artificial Intelligence and Research (AI+R) division is chartered with ensuring that Microsoft remains at the forefront of AI technologies.
We are applying our best AI research, engineering and design capabilities to resolve challenging, real-world customer problems. While there has been a lot of progress in the areas of languages and perception in the field of artificial intelligence, we are only starting to scratch the surface in other areas like autonomous systems (drones, robots, etc.).
Our vision is to lead the autonomous systems tidal wave, empowering intelligence within drones, robots, industrial control systems, and more. Our cloud-based solution uses machine teaching and reinforcement learning techniques. If you are looking to join a team that is on the cutting edge of AI and in a quickly growing market segment with the potential to be the next billion-dollar business, this may be the opportunity you’re looking for.
This is a new business area, and team members will have an opportunity to work closely with early customers as we define the product, refine its features, and generalize it to support many vertical industries.
Join us and help define the future of how programmers and subject matter experts will build sophisticated AI for autonomous systems. We are searching for a creative, thoughtful, designer to help create the user interface for teaching machines how to solve sophisticated problems.
- Drive an end-to-end intuitive user experience across mediums (Web, Mobile, Robot) and disciplines, with a focus on minimizing cognitive overhead of complex concepts
- Discover and define interaction designs and UI patterns for an innovative, pioneering technology
- Define and deliver interaction design flows, scenarios, and structural layouts
- Partner with product management, software engineers and other designers to deliver thoughtful design solutions
- Bring a multidisciplinary point of view of product design to the conversation, bringing diversity, inclusion, and belonging from a design point of view
- Ability to self-motivate and consistently deliver results in a rapidly iterating and fast-moving organization
- 5+ years of experience driving design for an organization
- Track record of prototyping and turning prototypes into product.
- Must have a portfolio or repository indicating interaction and visual design skills with the ability to design quality graphical user interfaces.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and project management skills required.
- Should have a current understanding of technology such as web, mobile, and know the constraints, be willing to push the limits and apply creative solutions that result in great user experiences.
- Proficiency in modern design software, such as Sketch, Principal, or Adobe
- Ability to demonstrate and present an in-depth knowledge of fundamental User Experience principles and good practices
- Familiarity with visual authoring tools used by software developers or mechanical, electric, chemical and civil engineers such as Visual Studio or Mathworks Simulink
- Familiarity with Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning or Simulations
- Experience with ROS, drones or other hardware hacking is a plus
- Experience working alongside an agile software development team, including use of project management software and integration with scrum, agile etc
- Prior entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- Low ego. Great attitude.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.