|Job Type:||Full Time|
You may have heard about Microsoft’s vision of Azure as the world’s computer. The Azure Big Data/Cosmos team manages millions of large-scale data jobs on hundreds of thousands of machines serving critical big data pipelines.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to join the Azure Big Data team we are building in Atlanta to help deliver impactful new features and adapt and maintain existing systems. We are looking for people that value a vibrant and supportive culture and is excited to help build large scale distributed systems and infrastructure used by large scale customers to achieve success in their work, school, or life every day.
- Work with engineers, program managers and partner teams to deliver a set of features with the right overall design and architecture.
- Write clean, robust, and well-thought-out code with an emphasis on quality, performance, simplicity, durability, scalability, and maintainability.
- Execute on the team approach to Software Engineering by designing, coding, testing, debugging, building, and deploying across multiple endpoints.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on cross-platform code.
- Commit to delivering the best experience for customers.
- Demonstrate strong, end to end ownership.
- Help create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result.
- 8+ years of industry software design and development experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on development experience in C++, C, Java or C#.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Able to demonstrate and apply solid computer Science fundamentals.
- Experience with open source, systems development, distributed systems and large-scale software development and platforms.
- Strong track record of collaboration with team members and partner organizations.
- Ability to propose multiple solutions and make tradeoffs in pursuit of great customer outcomes.
- Curious, self-motivated, and driven.
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum/Lean Methodology.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.