|Location:||Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Azure’s Networking division is designing, building, andoperatingcritical network infrastructure our clients rely on every day, transforming a pile of servers into a connected cloud.Weare responsible forensuring the reliability of these networks, in the face of constant change, relying oncutting-edgeresearch and a stellar engineering team. Although we have built a large cloud thus far, the best is yet to come as we continue expanding at a rapid pace.Our divisionis responsible fora large diversity of technologies and challenges, including physical fiberoptic cables, software managing how to route packets across a global network as fast as possible,DNS, protection againstDDoS, and many other challenging problems.We’relooking for engineers and leaders passionate about delivering value to customers in mission critical environments, enjoy a growth hacking culture, and are eager to play one of the most important long games for Microsoft.
You will work with other teams in Azure Networking,participatingin architectural and design reviews, and delivering your componentswithhigh quality. You will also have opportunities to collaborate across the broader Azure organization and with external Microsoft customers. There is high visibility in an area of large and expanding investment for Azure, offering a terrific opportunity for technical and career growth.
In Azure Networking, you own features from the design phase through implementation to production. As part of this ownership, you are expected to help support your features by activelyparticipatingin an on-call rotation, which includes creating/updatingSOPs, Troubleshooting Guides,monitoringsystems,mitigating/restoring network incidents, and deep-dive analysis of root causes of outages.
A successful candidate will bring:
- Solid design and coding skills
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, asynchronousarchitecturesand distributed algorithms.
- Experience in concurrency,multithreadingand synchronization.
- Interest or exposure to networking technologies/concepts such as Software Defined Networking (SDN) and OpenFlow.
- Knowledge of networking (including networking protocols such as TCP/IP, BGP, ANYCAST, IS-IS) and distributed systems is a plus.
- 3+ years professionalSoftware Developmentexperiencewithinthe Networking Space
- BS,MS, orPhDdegree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related field or anadded4years' experiencein lieu of degree.
- Candidates must have an active TopSecret orTop-SecretSCIand be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI with full scope polygraph. This role will require candidates tomaintainthe TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Candidates must pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.