|Job Type:||Full Time|
The C+AI (Azure) revenue planning & strategy team is a collection of former consultants, investment bankers and corporate finance professionals residing in Microsoft’s Cloud + AI Finance organization. We are tasked with driving long term strategic planning for our $50B+ Intelligent Cloud products and services business. Our team is a thought leader and trusted business partner for complex challenges such as pricing, business model, product planning, financial planning, strategy, partnerships, and M&A.
We are looking for people who are proven team leaders, thrive under ambiguous challenges, work in a fast-paced environment, have a passion for technology, partner well with executives, and roll-up their sleeves to drive data-based analysis. Ability to frame a complex problem, solid analytical skills, and intellectual curiosity are key to success within our team. Furthermore, experience managing teams is a critical requirement.
We are hiring a Group Finance Manager who will be focused on our Core Azure Infrastructure services including Compute, Storage, and Networking. This role is focused on influencing business model, investments, product roadmap and incubations in close collaboration with Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing, and Finance. This individual will develop assertions triangulating between customer needs, competitive landscape, partner dynamics, value chain analysis, product roadmap, and financial evaluation. It is an exciting time for Microsoft and Azure. We thrive as a multi-disciplinary team and seek to constantly improve by bringing out the best in each team member.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Support and lead a finance team; provide coaching, develop talent, priority setting, and leadership for all team members
- Lead Azure Core Infrastructure revenue planning & business model decision making processes
- Collaborate with relevant groups from marketing, business development, R&D, and partner sales teams to drive both organic & inorganic strategy setting and decision-making
- Drive engagements across Marketing, Azure Core Engineering, and Business Planning
- 8+ years of experience in the relevant field of finance, accounting, controllership, reporting, or business analysis
- Strategic, critical thinker
- Functional experience leading a team or experience as a lead
- Inclusive team player with excellent cross group collaboration skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to gather people around idea coupled with demonstrated leadership ability to influence others
- Demonstrated drive; ability to effectively manage multiple projects, have attention to detail, and work effectively under deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, influencing across multiple complex organizations, creating effective business partnerships
- Deep understanding of the technology industry, particularly in commercial public and private cloud services, business models and economics
- BA/BS degree in finance, business, economics, computer science; accounting or related field; MBA preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.