|Location:||Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s Cloud Services. Continuing this success, Azure has expanded into the Government space with its mission-critical cloud, delivering breakthrough innovation and security to those customers and their partners. With world-class security, protection, and compliance, agencies can accelerate cloud adoption with confidence, in a consistent hybrid environment designed for flexibility and scale. Azure Government enables innovation with deeply integrated cloud services, advanced analytics, and an open application platform, that provides the building blocks to rapidly develop, deploy and manage intelligent solutions. Government customers can leverage the vast network of Microsoft’s technology partners and diverse marketplace offerings, to advance their mission and serve their citizens.
The U.S. Government is eager to realize the benefits of the cloud, adopting a Cloud First policy for new investments. Microsoft is committed to supporting these initiatives and is uniquely positioned to offer hyper scale cloud capabilities to U.S. Government agencies for all its cloud computing needs.
As a Program Manager in the team, position will:
- Working closely with Redmondand Restonbased Azure engineering, operations teams and other internal Microsoft groups including Office 365 to deliver features,capabilitiesand operational systems.
- Being the bridge between Azure’s software engineering with unique market, customer and partner insights in the government market that make our service the ideal solution for the government and its partners.
- Identifying and driving best approach for Azure and customer architecture,engineeringand service integration.
- Helping ensure security and identity requirements are adequately addressed and built into Azure Government services.
- Driving pilot program adoption
- Working closely with sales and marketing teams to grow the Azure Government business, to understand the U.S. Government needs, remove adoption blockers and to ensure the smooth operations of running theday to dayservice.
- Managing the relationship with the vendor(s) involved in the delivery of Azure Government services.
- Helping ensure overall Azure Government compliance with Federal and other compliance requirements.
- 5 +years experienceProgram Management experience with large services or distributed systemsrequired
- End-to-end ownership of commitments with the ability to break down ambiguous problems.
- BachelorsDegree in Computer Scienceor a related STEM discipline or additional 4 years equivalent related experience.Bachelorsof ScienceDegreesinBusiness also accepted.
- Highly effective communication and collaboration with customers, partners and across teams isrequired
- Technical aptitude in service design, architecture and software developmentrequired
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.