|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us in Teams Platform team as we take Microsoft Teams, our fast-growing collaboration product to greater heights.
We are looking for a passionate product leader to define and deliver new ways to connect people, improve communication, and facilitate collaboration across a wide range of business applications and corporate cultures.
Teams is a hub for collaboration and communication. Our extensibility model allows for 1st, 3rd, and Line of Business apps to be integrated inside of Teams, allowing end users to use all of the apps they need in a single, cohesive experience. The extensibility toolkit spans client side integrations and rich set of backend/Graph services integrations.
We are looking for a Strong Principal Program Manager with people management experience. In this role, you will own a broad charter that covers Teams Graph Services and Fundamentals for Teams Platform. The scale of Teams Platform is growing rapidly and ensuring that we have rock solid fundamentals that ensures apps are performant, secure, reliable and building an infrastructure that scales - are mission critical needs. We power cross-platform app experiences which provides exciting opportunities to define Fundamentals strategy for desktop and mobile alike. Teams Graph services empowers developers to build rich scenarios for IT Admins and end users. Teams Graph also powers several critical internal workloads administered via Teams Admin center.. In this role, the work you do will impact developers and end users immensely. You will lead a team of strong program managers and will have ample opportunities to work closely with customers, partners, developers, and other stakeholders to strategize and enable new experiences
What is working on Microsoft Teams like? We're a fast-moving environment that lets us explore, iterate, and deliver value to customers. We share an immense passion for the customer and user experiences that surprise and delight the people that use them, and there are numerous opportunities to present ideas and work directly with executives and customers to collect feedback that directly impacts the product. While we innovate and move at a fast pace, we're also a team that likes to have fun, and we build that attitude into our product. Our culture is open, respectful, and empowering - we believe that listening to all voices is key to the success of our product and our team.
- Strategy, planning and execution of Fundamentals charter
- Strategy, planning and execution of Graph Services charter
- Lead a team of 3-4 program managers
- Work closely with engineering team to build robust platform capabilities
- Regularly present new product plans, demos, competitive reviews, and more to the leadership team
- Contribute to the overall product strategy and roadmap, as well as stay in sync with end-user features and service infrastructure
- Track all defined deliverables from conception through launch, leveraging established processes, tools, and communications mechanisms
- 8+ years of program management experience delivering end-user facing products and services
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Proven experience in helping build solid engineering fundamentals at scale
- Ability to wear many hats and learn quickly, and the collaborative leadership skills to lead a change in direction when needed.
- Innate curiosity and ability to thrive in ambiguous and rapidly changing startup environment. Self-starters and innovators with a positive, collaborative can-do attitude and bias for action are very welcome.
- Experience across the entire product lifecycle – from project inception to ship and the know-how required to lead your crew to realize your vision.
- Project management, leadership, dependency management and cross-group collaboration skills with a track record of managing complex projects with many partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical
- Great problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.