|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Automated ML (AutoML) team – is hiring for an experienced Deep Learning Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA to work on algorithms for Computer Vision.
Do you want to build the AI that builds AI?
As the world has truly embraced a period of “pervasive intelligence”, products and services are increasingly graduating from just being data-driven to data and intelligence driven. In the new world we will need way more machine learning models than data science teams can create. Progress towards this AI driven world requires that we make data scientists more productive and open the machine learning model creation to anyone needing a quantitative prediction from data. Automation of machine learning applications is the key to meeting that need.
The Azure Automated ML (AutoML) team creates software that turns anyone into a ML model builder – just bring data! AutoML is part of AI Platform organization for creating, managing, operating and maintaining machine learning workflows. It offers our customers a comprehensive answer to: “How do I build AI into my product or business?”
AutoML covers Classification, Regression, Forecasting, NLP, Computer Vision -- and any machine learning task you can build to cover our customer’s needs. Learn from many talented colleagues on this high-energy team!
As a leader in this customer-obsessed team, you will engage with business end-users of data science solutions, as well as data scientists whose favorite tools we aim to create. You will collaborate on solving computer vision (and other, as applicable) problems in their full complexity, and translate your solutions to automatable methods. You will drive the incorporation of these customer-inspired innovations into our software. You will take a holistic ownership of your features, implementing core algorithms, documenting them, and shipping them to production.
For instance, here are the types of things you would do:
- Customize latest available models in computer vision in domains like classification, object detection and segmentation and integrate them in our product. You would be responsible for the endto-end solution, from offline experiments to production level code that uses these models.
- Apply the latest advances in deep learning and machine learning to increase our current models’ performance.
- Contribute to the product road map and planning.
- Contribute to the design and improvement of our endto-end platform.
- Mentor and support more junior members of the team.
- 6+ years working experience in computer vision, machine learning or statistics (or equivalent research experience).
- Expertise designing and training deep learning (DL) architectures, preferably for CV
- Expertise in machine learning spanning supervised and unsupervised learning methods and applying ML to realworld problems.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras.
- Strong software development experience in languages such as Python, Java, C++, Scala, or C#
- Independent, selfdriven person with a high sense of accountability.
- Excellent problem solving and data analysis skills. Effective communication skills, both verbal and written and a great team player.
- Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in Computer Science, Machine Learning or related field.
Preferred but not required:
- Familiarity with stateof-the-art vision models
- Computer graphics, video understanding, 3D, or adversarial training.
- Audio, NLP, or multimodal algorithms
- Active Learning
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.