|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in finding and exploiting security bugs? Have you ever wanted to develop and run fuzzers that scale to thousands of cores? Do you want to be part of a vulnerability research team dedicatedto keeping the web safe?
The Edge vulnerability research team is responsible for securing Edge client code. We work with developers to ensure features are designed with security in mind and we work to identify bugs before hackers do. You will also work with our industry partners to contribute security improvements to the Chromium project to make the web safer for everyone.
In this role, you will be part of a team of talented security engineers building tooling to quickly identify security bugs in browsers. You will work on one of the world's largest fuzzing environments and help build tooling to help quickly identify security bugs in code
- Develop and maintain scalable fuzz testing tools and fuzzers.
- Triage and analyze memory corruption vulnerabilities
- Automate and improve bug triage and memory corruption analysis
- Develop and improve static analysis tools
- Be one of the security consultants for teams building new features in the next version of Edge.
- Identify and drive fixes to security vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with other security teams across Microsoft to design and develop new security mitigations and defenses
- B.S., Computer Science or equivalent work experience or degree
- Public track record of relevant security research, especially around browser vulnerability discovery
- Experience building scalable systems in Azure.
- Development and deployment of fuzz testing software
- Experience writing C/C++ or Rust
- Ability to learn new skills and operate in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Experience in web application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed/parallel systems, LLVM, networking, or systems/security software development.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
//edgejobs #Edge# #WebXT# #Fullstack# #Backend# #Frontend# #MachineLearning# #Cloud#