|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us to build the world’s fastest supercomputer! Our interdisciplinary team is solving cutting edge, mind bending technical challenges every day across software and hardware. This is your chance to impact the future of computing by contributing to the tools and technologies underpinning Azure's accelerated computing platform. Our team's innovative solutions are used to build and optimize the hardware accelerators that power some of Microsoft’s most important and strategic projects in the cloud.
Our software team works at the hardware/software interaction boundary and co-designs those interfaces with partner hardware teams. The software team is creating the high-performance software abstractions, libraries, and tools that developers, compiler teams, and frameworks will use to program our accelerators. If you are excited about working on new and exotic hardware, embedded systems, compiler or operating system internals than this is the place for you.
You will be developing software that runs on or manages specialized accelerators and providing technical guidance to peer engineers on the team. You will also work closely with customers of the accelerator, developers authoring firmware or kernels for it, and the hardware and other software teams building the accelerator. Key components for success in this role will be the ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes from Microsoft, industry, and the research community, while developing the team’s ability to consume these technologies.
As part of the Cloud Accelerated Systems and Technologies team, you would join a cross-discipline team of highly capable and motivated people in the Azure Hardware Systems Group. You will be expected to collaborate across multiple workstreams and roles like architects, program management leads and engineering leads across the Azure Hardware Systems Group. Excellent communication and presentation skills are important to be able to work with these partners and our customers.
- Analysis and evaluation of proposed software designs and architectures
- Software development in C++, Python, and other languages for specialized accelerators and host systems.
- Software design.
- Co-design with hardware partner teams on HW/SW interfaces.
- Design and code review of peer work.
- At least a year of software development experience
- B.S. or advanced degree in computer engineering, computer science, or related fields
- At least a year of experience with C/C++
- 2+ years' experience with C/C++
- 2+ years’ experience with Python
- Strong intellectual curiosity and passion about learning new technologies
- Customer and partner engagement experience with a demonstrated track record of success
- Strong background in computer science fundamentals with specialized experience in one of the following: computer arithmetic, distributed systems, high performance computing, embedded systems design, processor and accelerator architecture, operating system design, compiler design
- Experience with Python internals and experience integrating C/C++ and Python
- Exposure to Deep Neural Network training and inference and experience in one or more deep learning frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, CNTK, etc)
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Great cross-team collaboration skills and the desire to collaborate in a team of researchers and developers
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.