|Job Type:||Full Time|
CSA Manager, Applications & Infrastructure
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
The CSA Manager is a people manager within our Customer Success organization focused on Azure Infrastructure solution area, enabling consumption and delivering success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
The CSA is accountable for leading a team of individual contributors (Customer Engineers) who serve as deep technical advisors who are focused on retaining customers by ensuring they receive the best outcomes from their investments in the very latest Microsoft technologies and services.
The CSA executes the annual people rhythm of the business for their team including 1-1’s, Connects, Career Development, Awards/Rewards with a focus on developing and retaining talent. The CSA hires appropriate technical individuals to meet the demands of our Azure Infrastructure business, head count objectives and partners closely with the Global Resource/Capacity Management teams in workforce capacity planning and placement.
The CSA plans, prioritizes, translates, communicates, and implements the broader business strategy at the team level, defined by its organization leader, while fostering a culture of inclusivity and growth mindset.
This is a highly collaborative role responsible for building a culture of technical intensity and customer focus, with the prevailing business priority being the customers’ successful adoption and productive use of Microsoft cloud technologies.
People and Technical Delivery Management - 60%
- Lead all aspects of people and performance management for your team in alignment with the annual People Rhythm of Business.
- Model: Live the culture, values and leadership principles. Share your management philosophy with your team and make it real through your words and actions while modeling a growth mindset.
- Coach: Enable others’ performance and support your direct reports professional and career development by leveraging seasoned coaching skills and techniques.
- Care: Empower others to discover, connect, and grow. Demonstrate empathy while engaging in candid conversations (Connects, Perspectives, 1:1’s).
- Attract , develop, recognize and retain talent.
- Foster an environment of inclusion, that leverages diverse perspectives and talent, to better represent and understand our global customers.
- Drive tech intensity through comprehensive technical and professional readiness plans with a focus on cloud solutions, consumption, digital usage and your Solution Area.
- Instill excellent quality delivery practices and champion IP re-use/creation while optimizing team productivity and Customer value.
- Anticipate and remove delivery blockers and effectively address stakeholder and customer escalations.
Business Management - Deliver Results through Teamwork - 30%
- Achieve or exceed personal and team goals/KPI’s from quarter to quarter.
- Fulfill Customer’s contractual obligations with a focus on quality delivery
- Plan the team’s work to achieve goals and respond effectively to changing priorities while maintaining team energy and results.
- Hold the team and individuals accountable for results and recognize appropriately.
- Consistently manage areas of fiscal responsibility, staying within budget, and effectively managing resources.
- Achieve business and operational excellence for your team through consistent and timely use of published guidelines, best practices and tools.
- Drive customer obsession by ensuring all constructive feedback from Customers and internal stakeholders is obtained and addressed through coaching and upskilling direct reports.
Customer Success Management and Change Leadership - 10%
- Partner and collaborate with other teams/key stakeholders on related goals/deliverables and effectively leverage others in relevant work streams.
- Participate as a member of the extended Strategy Team in the creation of strategy, targets and processes that will enable successful attainment of goals.
- Effectively translate and communicate Microsoft and Customer Success strategy and goals to the field.
- Land strategic change initiatives or programs with your team.
- Ensure your team is effectively guiding customer/partners through relevant change initiatives.
- Continue to grow leadership, executive communication, business acumen and coaching skills while role modeling tech intensity.
- Continue to develop your competency in core change-management methods and techniques.
- At least 5 years of experience in technical sales, engineering, consultative delivery, technical support, product support, customer service industry, or related.
- At least 5 years of experience in either people management or as a team lead in a customer facing role or business.
- At least 5 years of experience working with Enterprise customers in any of the following: driving change management, technical adoption, developing technology strategy, providing customer technical readiness and enablement, delivery support services, on premise and remote technical support, solution development, account management; technical requirements gathering; broad evangelism through events and community or related
- Collaboration. Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers
- Communication. Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong ability to attract, develop and retain top talent.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to ambiguous and changing situations
- Ability to set and communicate team and individual goals and communicate strategy, tactics and behaviors required to achieve those goals.
- Capability to supervise work, set the behavioral example and adjust strategies and tactics as necessary.
- 5+ years of experience leading and developing people.
- Strong conviction that people can learn anything by applying the right amounts of time, effort and willingness.
- Equally strong conviction that you can lead to great success without having to push metrics to individual team members.
- Adept at coordinating team meetings to communicate team information, conduct training and to receive team feedback.
- Proficiency in coordinating and conducting 1:1 meeting with individual team members to provide instruction, coaching and personal development as well as to receive personal feedback.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to write and deliver individual reviews.
- Qualified to maintain individual and team discipline, cohesiveness and morale
- Exceptional leadership, collaboration and negotiation skills working in a complex, matrix organizational structure.
- Ability to manage high pressure situations
- Proven ability to map the customer’s needs to technical solutions
- Strong technical understanding of Applications & Infrastructure/Data and AI Enterprise cloud workloads
- Ability to stay up to date on new/improved Azure scenarios and workload
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results
- Demonstrated Technical leadership through prior technical coaching/leadership roles
- Ability to act on Customer Escalation needs, Unblock the customer through orchestration of right resources at the right time
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field preferred
- Certification in the following technologies preferred: Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.